MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

ATI 9800 and high res

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
masvil
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: ATI 9800 and high res Reply with quote

It seems that Magic Engine high res doesn't work with ATI Radeon 9800 XT: fps goes VERY down (about half speed).
Is it a known problem?
Is there a work-around?
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Radeon 9600 and no problem whatsoever with the HiRes mode. Make sure you installed the ATI drivers and not the default Microsoft ones, which don't have any hardware-accelerated OpenGL support. Try also to switch to the DirectX renderer in your pce.ini file.

You didn't specify your CPU though. Whatever your graphic card, the HiRes mode will be unusable if you don't have at least a 1 GHz CPU.
masvil
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaminari wrote:
Make sure you installed the ATI drivers and not the default Microsoft ones,

I installed Omega Drivers (an enhanced version of original ATI's: http://www.omegadrivers.net).
Quote:
Try also to switch to the DirectX renderer in your pce.ini file.

As DirectX renderer is the default one I guess you mean from DirectX to OpenGL. As always you've given the right suggestion: the problem is solved Very Happy
Also I had to switch from full screen to windowed to have a "real" full screen without black borders (strange but true).

Thanx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: