MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Associating .pce files with Magic Engine

View previous topic :: View next topic  
namkcuR
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject: Associating .pce files with Magic Engine Reply with quote

I have associated my .pce files(TG16 roms) with Magic Engine so that I can just double-click on a rom file and it will start. The problem is, when I double-click on a rom file, it opens in the demo version of Magic Engine even though I have the full version. If I open Magic Engine alone and then open the rom, it's the full version and it works perfectly, but if I double click on the rom, it opens in demo version. Why is this happening?
nodtveidt
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably because of how paths work in Windows; when you double-click an associated file, the current path is set to wherever the file is that you doubleclicked. Magic Engine probably looks for the keyfile in the current path instead of looking at its own directory (common coding mistake, since most apps are expected to start from their own directory). Try testing this by copying the keyfile into the same directory as the rom you're trying to run...it will likely work as expected.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: