MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Anybody here ever play Ruin?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paranoia Dragon
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Anybody here ever play Ruin? Reply with quote

It's supposed to be an action/RPG, but I've never been able to get out of the first town, to even see how the game plays. It looks like it might play like Legend of Xanadu, but I could be wrong. Anybody?
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, it's been a decade since I finished this game. I remember a nice but short ARPG with an excellent soundtrack and SFC-esque graphics (day/night cycle, the buildings cast shadows on the characters...).

The beginning is rather straightforward, if memory serves me right. You talk to your mom who tells you to go see your friend Oltena. Her house is just left of yours. Inside you find a note on the wall, in which Oltena says she's out to meet you at your place.

So go back home, talk to Oltena, explore the attic, leave the house, try to leave the village by the exit to the south (you can't). Talk to the gatekeeper, then talk to the young lad playing in front of Oltena's house. He'll tell you there's a crate blocking a secret exit behind the bar/inn located southwest of the village.

When you're out, it's up to you :)
Paranoia Dragon
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK YOU!!!! You know, I always wondered about that crate....if it's the one I'm thinking of. Yeah, that's where I'm stuck, I have Oltena & I eqipped my gear. Thanks again!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: