MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

When is the next update coming?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
orion23
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject: When is the next update coming? Reply with quote

im sorry if this is annoying but when is me 1.0 final coming because ive read other post and it was from 2 years ago and the magic engine was suppose to be coming soon since then so im kinda confused. If its coming out soon how is that like 2 days soon. Im sorry if im being rude. ME 1.0 final is going to be great I cant wait for full screen resolutions!!!!!
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You see, something bad happened from the post you read & 'right now'. The website got hacked into by my now personal enemy. So what you see below the "dotted posts" are old posts. But to be positive, A release should be out after the website update David is so generously hard at work with!

Stay tuned...
orion23
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i see man i hate hackers!!
GaijinPunch

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to sound too much like a broken record, will this next version have custom, or low res (arcade VGA) resolutions available?
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any resolution that you can choose in your Windows display properties (for example, custom resolutions that you created with PowerStrip) should be usable in the next version of ME. The feature is already implemented in an internal version of MEFX and works perfectly.
richterbelmont

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is power strip just a downloadable tool?
Gentlegamer
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will different cd rom drives be selectable from the command line?
richterbelmont

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

will i be able to choose normal resolutions like 1280x1024 in the config menu in the final version of me 1.0?
GaijinPunch

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaminari wrote:
Any resolution that you can choose in your Windows display properties (for example, custom resolutions that you created with PowerStrip) should be usable in the next version of ME. The feature is already implemented in an internal version of MEFX and works perfectly.

So that's to say that specific resolutions will not be set in the ini file? Either way, should be fine by me.
Rockman
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a laptop with an odd resolution (1280X800). Most standard resolutions like 640X480) work but are streched wide. I'd be nice to have the odd resolution with a border (preserving the PCE aspect ratio).
GHS
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will there be an option to show overscan?
Insidious
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockman wrote:
I have a laptop with an odd resolution (1280X800). Most standard resolutions like 640X480) work but are streched wide. I'd be nice to have the odd resolution with a border (preserving the PCE aspect ratio).
Yeah I was about to ask a question related to that. I have a widescreen LCD, and MagicEngine is automatically stretched wide. Clicking the wide mode button doesn't even do anything. I have my video card set to preserve original aspect ratios with whatever games or files I have, and for the most part it does. Like when I play ZSNES, there are black bars on the sides of the screen to preserve the SNES fullscreen ratio.

So my question then is, will the new MagicEngine be able to support widescreen monitors and preserve the PCE aspect ratio? I'd prefer to play Ys with black borders than to see little Adol get fatter. Very Happy
David Shadoff
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is going to depend on your video drivers more than anything else.
On my laptop (also 1200x800), I have a NVidia GeForce4 440, and here's how I deal with it on that (probably a 30-60% chance this will help you):

On the background, right-click.
Select "NVIDIA Display" -> "Laptop Display"

Expand out the menu of choices.
On the menuexpand "GeForce4 440".
Click on "Digital Flat Panel Settings" -> the settings are displayed on the main panel.
The choices are "Display adapter scaling" (default), "Centered output", "Monitor scaling" (unavailable), and "Fixed Aspect Ratio Scaling".

Both "Centered Output" and "Fixed Aspect Ratio Scaling" should work (your preference).

Your drivers may vary.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: