MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

CDRs and real hardware . . .
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rockman
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really recomend trying a comertial game disc. Music CDs are much more tolerant of error than data Discs. You wouldn't notice if a bit gets flipped when playing a music because it goes by very quickly but a one bit error in reading data could cause problems. When the TG-CD unit reads data from a disc it checks it for errors then sends it to the PC-Engine (or an error code if failed to read). Most games retry reading if the disc fails.

Another thing to check is your system card. I have an arcade card and one of the cheep green/yellow diving board adaptors from TZD and my arcade CD games kept having problems reading the disc. I got a kisado adapter and then my games loaded smoothly. Try cleaning the contacts on your system card and put it in and out of the system a few times and see if that helps.

I hope you get your system running!
2X4

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paranoia Dragon wrote:
Have you tried a cd lens cleaner? One of those discs, with brushes on them, & a fluid that you put on the brush? That's what really worked for me cleaning my lens.

really . . . I heard those didn't work very well. I will try it tho. Thanks!

Tomaitheous wrote:
Try burning this iso with nero as a test - here

I just tried it and it loaded right up, but only the message regarding the super system card which I don't yet have. But it's SOMETHING. does that mean anything definitive?

Rockman wrote:
Another thing to check is your system card. I have an arcade card and one of the cheep green/yellow diving board adaptors from TZD and my arcade CD games kept having problems reading the disc. I got a kisado adapter and then my games loaded smoothly. Try cleaning the contacts on your system card and put it in and out of the system a few times and see if that helps.

I think the system card is ok. it's the US system 2.0 card, I got it in good condition, and like i said, I can play commercial music cds fine, the little turbo amp comes up instantly and all runs smoothly.
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say the fact that the cd loaded up, is a good sign. But, I'm not the expert here. As for cd lens cleaners, all I know is, for me, it really made a difference!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: