MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Camp California (U) crash

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jolu42
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:20 am    Post subject: Camp California (U) crash Reply with quote

I'm very surprised no one else has mentioned this problem Confused I searched the forums to see if there was something about this game's hard crash and unplayability in ME and found nothing. Oh well, just letting you know (which I'm pretty sure you do already). I have a back-up bin/cue image of this game and the TOC appears to match perfectly to Nectasy's confirmed TOC database. So...I'm assuming it's the emulator and not my CD. Best PCE emulator on the net, by the way Wink
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's the emulator. The game works fine in ME v0.99 but it stopped to work in v1.0. ^^;
jolu42
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmichel wrote:
Yes, it's the emulator. The game works fine in ME v0.99 but it stopped to work in v1.0. ^^;

Merci, Monsieur Michel Smile Would you know a way for it to work in ME 1.0? A patch? A change in code?
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No unfortunately I don't know of any way to make it working with the current version. Wait for the next update. ^^; I'm planning to do a big emulation bug hunt for v1.0 final.
jolu42
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate your response. Well, I downloaded v0.9.9 and I encountered some problems with Camp California again. When I boot it using syscard3.pce, title screen comes up (with no sound; sound in options is ON) and when I hit RUN it resets back to the SCD BIOS screen. I then tried the built-in ME Sys3 card and then it said "Disk Error!" I tried everything I know and nothing seems work Sad
nodtveidt
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

0.9.9 rev 5 plays the game fine, although for me it occasionally "freezes" for about 20 seconds or so.

Since this was one of my faves growing up, I did report the problem with CC previously, but when this forum went crash-bang-boom, that post was lost. Sad
jolu42
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nodtveidt wrote:
0.9.9 rev 5 plays the game fine, although for me it occasionally "freezes" for about 20 seconds or so.

Since this was one of my faves growing up, I did report the problem with CC previously, but when this forum went crash-bang-boom, that post was lost. Sad

That's the version I am using now. Do you have any idea why I'm encountering this problem? Are you using the Japanese syscard3.pce to play of the (U) version? I'm pretty knowledgable when it comes to emulation and I'm completely lost with this one....
nodtveidt
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I always use the jap card rather than the US one (actually, that's only because I don't currently even have a copy of the US card!),
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: