MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

video tearing (os x)...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Information/Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
r0ni

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:29 am    Post subject: video tearing (os x)... Reply with quote

A few things I'm noticing the more I play with ME.

When using ME in "desktop" resolution (which is the only way I can get this thing to use my whole screen) -- I get bad video tearing. No matter which vsync is on, it's the same. Is there a remedy to this? Maybe a way to get ME to use my monitors refresh rate?

On a side note to all of this, most options I change in the pce.ini will change back to what they were before I edited it after running ME, I know it don't work like that on Windows, why does ME OS X not like me configuring it?

AND (last one, I promise) upon setting ME to fullscreen it will only go to 640x480x32, my monitor is 1440x900x32, can't I get that resolution any other way other then using "desktop" mode? I suspect this is the cause of the video tearing issue...
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll be able to change your screen resolution in a later update.
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a bit different with the Mac version, it's more advanced than the PC version, it can already have more resolutions. Razz

I put only the 640x480 resolution because I had small Mac configs in mind when I added this mode (it's faster than the desktop mode), I didn't think about the tearing issue of the desktop mode and that it could be interesting to have bigger resolutions too. OK, I will add another resolution, the same as the user desktop, this should be enough I think, or should I add all the resolutions : 800x600, 1024, etc... ?
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

r0ni wrote:
On a side note to all of this, most options I change in the pce.ini will change back to what they were before I edited it after running ME, I know it don't work like that on Windows, why does ME OS X not like me configuring it?

Hmm, it should be the same on Mac, you can hand edit the .ini, I didn't really test that but I remember editing the .ini a few times and ME used my changes. You need to edit the file after exiting ME though, as it rewrite the file on exit.
r0ni

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmichel wrote:
OK, I will add another resolution, the same as the user desktop, this should be enough I think, or should I add all the resolutions : 800x600, 1024, etc... ?

Personally, if I can get fullscreen native desktop resolution without tearing of the emulated screen then I'm happy. One would assume though, that by adding this feature, you are in essence adding all or most of those modes anyway. One could in theory change their desktop resolution in System Preferences to the desired mode in ME and start it up in any resolution supported by their monitor, right?
Joel Schmidt
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

r0ni wrote:
dmichel wrote:
OK, I will add another resolution, the same as the user desktop, this should be enough I think, or should I add all the resolutions : 800x600, 1024, etc... ?

Personally, if I can get fullscreen native desktop resolution without tearing of the emulated screen then I'm happy. One would assume though, that by adding this feature, you are in essence adding all or most of those modes anyway. One could in theory change their desktop resolution in System Preferences to the desired mode in ME and start it up in any resolution supported by their monitor, right?

In theory Smile The core of this is already there, David just needs to put the finishing touches on it, so to speak. Although it'd probably be easier for ME to control the entire desktop resolution itself, rather than having to go into Sys Prefs first.
r0ni

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joel Schmidt wrote:
In theory Smile The core of this is already there, David just needs to put the finishing touches on it, so to speak. Although it'd probably be easier for ME to control the entire desktop resolution itself, rather than having to go into Sys Prefs first.

Well that was a possible scenario case for those who may want to use a different option other then the default/current desktop resolution for fullscreen rendering. Unless, of course, David goes crazy and adds every supported video mode on Macs as a fullscreen option. Either which way, as long as I could get a fullscreen mode without the black bars like the 640x480 mode has that don't tear on me, I don't care what resolution it runs in Wink
r0ni

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there any status on me being able to switch my full screen resolution yet? Wink
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, there will be a Mac update very soon. I'm waiting feedback about the OS X 10.5 problem and another problem I'm working on and I will release an update. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Information/Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: