MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Sherlock Holmes audio skipping and syncing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
todd
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Sherlock Holmes audio skipping and syncing Reply with quote

Hi,

When I play Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective, the audio jumps ahead several seconds and/or goes out of sync with the video. It doesn't happen at random - the skips and out-of-sync-ness always occur at exactly the same places.

I am using the latest version of Magic Engine, but I've also tried 1.0.0 PR8 without success.

I've tried System Cards 1-3 and Magic System 1-3. All 3 Syscards behave identically, and all 3 Magic Systems behave identically, but the Magic Systems are much worse and barely play any audio at all.

I have the original game CD, which works perfectly in my TG16 console, an ISO I made using that CD, and another ISO I found online, and all three behave the same way. I used Daemon Tools to mount the ISOs. Lack of CPU/GPU power is not an issue. I don't have this problem with any other game.

Please let me know if you have any ideas or need any additional information.
jolu42
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: Sherlock Holmes audio skipping and syncing Reply with quote

todd wrote:
Hi,

When I play Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective, the audio jumps ahead several seconds and/or goes out of sync with the video. It doesn't happen at random - the skips and out-of-sync-ness always occur at exactly the same places.

I am using the latest version of Magic Engine, but I've also tried 1.0.0 PR8 without success.

I've tried System Cards 1-3 and Magic System 1-3. All 3 Syscards behave identically, and all 3 Magic Systems behave identically, but the Magic Systems are much worse and barely play any audio at all.

I have the original game CD, which works perfectly in my TG16 console, an ISO I made using that CD, and another ISO I found online, and all three behave the same way. I used Daemon Tools to mount the ISOs. Lack of CPU/GPU power is not an issue. I don't have this problem with any other game.

Please let me know if you have any ideas or need any additional information.

I'm glad you brought that up, I have an original copy as well and also have the same problems.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: