MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Not 100% sure of the context of the word "arcade"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Information/Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
billnes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Not 100% sure of the context of the word "arcade" Reply with quote

Greeting All,

I was looking at the Compatibility Guide over at pcenginefx.com. After looking at it, there was just one issue I still wasn't clear about. I was hoping somebody could provide a clairification.

The orange triangle logo says "Arcade CD-ROM". I'm not 100% sure about the context of the word "arcade". "Arcade" meaning that the CD-ROM is for use only in arcade hardware - like the GB-ROM's for Sega's NAOMI, NAOMI2 and Atomiswave??

Or, perhaps the word "arcade" means to bring an arcade-like expirence into your home using a CD-ROM that was intended for consumer-grade, home hardware??

Also, does Magic Engine play these CD's? Does M.E. need a SYSCARD file for them?? Perhaps compatibility is built directly into the program??

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Bill N. - New York
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcade CD games are Super CD games which won't work without an Arcade Card (basically, a 2 MB RAM expansion). Magic Engine supports it natively, although it doesn't work with hybrid Super/Arcade CD games (such hybrid games will be stuck in Super CD mode).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Information/Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: