MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

HuCard sound volume - many channels far too quiet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frank Tulip
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: HuCard sound volume - many channels far too quiet Reply with quote

EDIT: We've got a case of PEBKaC Embarassed I downloaded another emulator, just to compare, and was doubting my very sanity, since the sound there was exactly the same. Finally, angry, confused, and deeply disgruntled, I decided I'd load up ZSNES, and to my horror, the sound there was odd as well. Fearing the worst, I typed a seven page email to the MagicEngine developers, accusing them of corrupting my system with a virus, hacking my registry, seducing my unborn daughter, and (just for good measure) leaving dishonest feedback on my eBay account. I was poised to click "send" when I decided I'd add a flamboyant postscript - jerking my keyboard in the process. It was then that I found that my keyboard cable was rubbing against my speaker cable and had caused it to become slightly dislodged. Giving the speaker cable a firm push solved everything, and now Keith Courage is exactly as I remember it.

I'll leave the rest of my message here as a testament to my own stupidity. Razz

Hiya. I did a search here, but all I found were questions regarding CD sound.

It's been ages since I last played my TurboGrafx games, and someone ended up giving away the console when I wasn't around to scream at them, so my memory may be incredibly hazy - but as I recall, Keith Courage in Alpha Zone had a theme song during the title screen.

When I load it in Magic Engine PR 10, in XP, I get only the faintest hints at music. I tried virtually every volume setting imaginable - even downloading the syscard3 ROM (though since Keith Courage isn't a CD game, I can't imagine how this would help) - and even with the speakers cranked all the way up, the music is barely audible.

In game, some sound effects seem to suffer as well - such as jumping and swinging swords. The music when visiting the first hut is fine, however.

Is this a known bug? Am I doing something horrifically wrong? Is this just the way Keith Courage always was?

(note: I also tried Kato and Ken, and it has the same deal going on... either there were a lot of semi-inept TG-16 programmers back in the day, or there's problems with my sound emulation)
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A similar thing happened to me during MEFX development. My headphone cable was dying but I didn't notice, instead I thought I had introduced a bug in MEFX (I was working on the sound code when this happened), I seached this "bug" for two days until I notice I had bad sound with all the others programs too and finaly I found the problem was the headphone. Very Happy
Mednafen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have suffered from the horrors of a failing headphone cable, with an effect similar to the cheap voice removal of karaoke machines.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: