MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

MagicEngine for Mac problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Information/Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac_user
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: MagicEngine for Mac problem Reply with quote

I use Toast to mount a BIN/CUE image of Dracula X in order to play it with Magic Engine (as many Windows users do using Daemon Tools instead Toast).

The image mounting process seems to be done correctly (there's a CD icon corresponding to the image on the desktop), but Magic Engine still displays the "NO CD" message.

It's strange because other applications like iTunes can see the image, but Magic Engine is unable to.

Can anyone help?
Joel Schmidt
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject: Re: MagicEngine for Mac problem Reply with quote

mac_user wrote:
I use Toast to mount a BIN/CUE image of Dracula X in order to play it with Magic Engine (as many Windows users do using Daemon Tools instead Toast).

The image mounting process seems to be done correctly (there's a CD icon corresponding to the image on the desktop), but Magic Engine still displays the "NO CD" message.

It's strange because other applications like iTunes can see the image, but Magic Engine is unable to.

Can anyone help?

Toast can not burn or mount PCE/TG-16 CD images. There is NO way around this as it is a limitation of OS X.

This topic has been addressed before on this site.
r0ni

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:41 am    Post subject: Re: MagicEngine for Mac problem Reply with quote

Joel Schmidt wrote:

Toast can not burn or mount PCE/TG-16 CD images. There is NO way around this as it is a limitation of OS X.

This topic has been addressed before on this site.

It is not a limitation of OSX. It's a limitation of Toast.

I have found that if you get your cd image into a bin/cue format, you can burn a verifiable good image of PCE cd's on OSX. The only app you can use to burn said bin/cue would be SimplyBurns. And it MUST come from a good bin/cue which you can verify on OSX through Windows virtualization software and using the Windows apps that do that.

Sadly, you can't use a mounted image, you'll just have to burn one with this solution.

I keep meaning to write up a HOWTO for this, but there don't seem to be anyone really interested in doing this on OSX... at least not more then 3 people so far anyway.
Joel Schmidt
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: MagicEngine for Mac problem Reply with quote

r0ni wrote:

It is not a limitation of OSX. It's a limitation of Toast.

I have found that if you get your cd image into a bin/cue format, you can burn a verifiable good image of PCE cd's on OSX. The only app you can use to burn said bin/cue would be SimplyBurns. And it MUST come from a good bin/cue which you can verify on OSX through Windows virtualization software and using the Windows apps that do that.

Sadly, you can't use a mounted image, you'll just have to burn one with this solution.

I keep meaning to write up a HOWTO for this, but there don't seem to be anyone really interested in doing this on OSX... at least not more then 3 people so far anyway.

he wants to mount them, not burn them R0ni Smile and THAT's a limitation of OS X not toast. ( I asked about the problem during the 10.2/Jaguar Appleseed program and was told by Apple Software Engineering they would not fix it.)
r0ni

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand he wants to mount images, and my solution was for burning them.

I just figured rather then telling him it's just not possible, I'd offer advice as to how it will work. Seeing that you can't mount images, burning is the only way to use them.
nat
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, too, am a Mac user and I'd love for someone to write a "HOW TO" on this subject as it's something that has been a thorn in my backside forEVER.
Le_Presidente
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with nat!
For some reason or another, emulation of the CD based systems (and Amiga for that matter) is far easier and advanced on Windows than Mac OSX.
The only reason I have a dual boot of Leopard and Vista on my new iMac is for the Windows emulators and CD image handling/conversion/etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Information/Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: