MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Galaxy Fraulein Yuna 2 problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoeBoeing
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 3:32 am    Post subject: Galaxy Fraulein Yuna 2 problems Reply with quote

Hi all,

I've been a TG-16 gamer since it came out (slept overnight at Toys r Us for the release) and got the CD attatchment as well. but now the CD Attatchment doesn't work and I just recieved a new game off ebay.

As you can tell in the heading it is Galaxy Fraulein Yuna 2 ( Legit Japanese) and after 23 seconds the video and/or the audio goes out on it.

Is this a known problem?

I'm running a PII 350 with 128MB RAM and an ATI X-Pert 2000 32 MB Videocard and the OS is Win2000.

I downloaded a version of the Magiic Engine back in 99 and it wouldn't play Lords of Thunder, Cosmic Fantasy and Cotton.

I want this stricly for the CD based games but don't really want to pay for a full version because I've had nothing but problems with it.

Thanks,
Joe Boeing
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I want this stricly for the CD based games but don't really want to pay for a full version because I've had nothing but problems with it.
Makes perfect sense. But, are you having some problems with some or all the games?

Quote:
I'm running a PII 350
Humm... a little too close. David recommends at the very least a P2 400, even then im not sure performance wise.

Quote:
Galaxy Fraulein Yuna 2 ( Legit Japanese)
Since this rules out the possibility of a badly burned disc, did you try the famous " works-everytime " trick for Win2000/XP?
;
; CD-ROM drive letter
; --
; (Windows 2000/XP only)
;
; D:
; E:
; ...
;

drive_letter= **place your cd-rom letter here**

Quote:
Is this a known problem?
Unfortunately, obscure games don't have the luxury of being known, I doubt many gamers have it, maybe some collectors? voice yourself guys!

At any rate, read through the posts here, im sure you'll find a tip that works for you...
JoeBoeing
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

where do I set this configuration?

I'll try it with Cosmic Fantasy 2 and Y's book I & II... I don't have Cotton or Lords of Thunder anymore since I lent them to a friend and he stepped on them thus breaking them.

I have a PII 400 next to me but it only has a 4MB video card (It's strickly a word proccessor system) but it is a Win 98 machine. would that have better luck or do I need more video RAM?

Thanks,
Joe Boeing
JoeBoeing
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried it with Y's book I & II and it worked fine.

I also tried it on my Win 98SE machine and it has the same problems.

I see that there is a file.txt file and it logs my session... I take it that it logs the latest session? Would you wan't me to copy that file and e-mail to you for refrence?

Any help would be nice.

FRom,
Joe Boeing
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
have a PII 400 next to me but it only has a 4MB video card (It's strickly a word proccessor system) but it is a Win 98 machine. would that have better luck or do I need more video RAM?
Nah, that's the one you want all right. For Magic Engine a 4MB video card is more than enough.

Quote:
where do I set this configuration?
The file you are looking for is named " PCE.INI " in your Magic Engine folder. scroll down untill youre at the

# ----
# CD-ROM settings
# ----

section. Then edit the

;
; CD-ROM drive letter
; --
; (Windows 2000/XP only)
;
; D:
; E:
; ...
;

drive_letter=

with your corresponding drive letter. You might want to check if you can play audio cd's in your pc's, check your aspi layer under win2000 ect, the usual cd-rom stuff...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: