MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Bloody Wolf Minor Glitches

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tomasz
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Bloody Wolf Minor Glitches Reply with quote

There are some sprite priority problems in this game on ME 1.0 pr10 on windows.

When the submarine boss is diving or rising from water, the submarine sprite is rendered in front of the water instead of behind it.

Same thing happens with the helicopter boss, when it rises or falls below the edge of the cliff; the sprite is always rendered in front of the cliff.

Minor issues, but for perfection's sake, it would be nice if they could be fixed for the next release. I noticed this issue was previously reported a few years back too http://forums.magicengine.com/en/viewtopic.php?t=918&highlight=bloody+wolf

Thanks
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know more about this bug now, it's not a priority problem, the extra sprite are hidden on a real PC-Engine because of hardware limitations (the game coutn on the hardware to hide them), but MagicEngine doesn't emulate all the limitations so you see them. Smile
Chris
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ootake seems to emulate this limitation properly, you can get insight from its source (included in binary package) ,including some other bugs like Fighting Run pallete bug that once you fixed but broke it again...

Ootake is execellent in terms of emulation..but its GUI sucks (warning popup everytime before lauanch, limited to what seems to be old VESA based stock resolution, lacking ASPI support ...)
Tomasz
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We PC users need a PR 11 release... Very Happy

Hmmm, I haven't tried Ootake yet, sounds interesting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: