MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Cheat Excel Document

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mightymo77
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Cheat Excel Document Reply with quote

I made an Excel document housing every official Game Genie code for all systems, as well as tons of non-official codes. Info about this is on my site.

Recently I added all the Magic Engine codes you guys posted. Check it out:

VisitntX
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do that I may ask the credits for the codes, but I don't mean only mine, you have to credit all the people who hack them. Lot of work and effort was put onto making those codes.
If you do that then it's a great idea.
mightymo77
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good to me. I don't want to start an arguement, so don't take this the wrong way please, nor am I disagreeing with you at all. But I mean, they are just codes. It's not like it's copyrighted info, ya know? More thoughts on this...

Also reply and make a list of everyone I should give credit to. I also seen your codes on that GSHI site, I def appreciate your work!
bernielindell
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mightymo77 wrote:
Sounds good to me. I don't want to start an arguement, so don't take this the wrong way please, nor am I disagreeing with you at all. But I mean, they are just codes. It's not like it's copyrighted info, ya know? More thoughts on this...

Also reply and make a list of everyone I should give credit to. I also seen your codes on that GSHI site, I def appreciate your work!

Personally, I wouldnt care if you put my code in the excel sheet you made. But, I can see the point of someone wanting the credit. Its just a small thing anyway, so it shouldnt be a big deal. After any particular code you could put the authors name in quotes or something simple like that. Smile
VisitntX
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is that the cheat hack scene has suffer a lot for some jackass who still codes and misscredits them.
Also, if someone put a lot of time to do them will be nice to let the name of the hacker.

This is not my personal feelings but as of a lot of other people in the scene.
The true is that I don't care if you don't write my name if and only if you don't take all the credit for them. Also ask permission at the gshi as lots of other hackers will think different. With a simple mention from were the codes were taken of will be nice and better that writing the name of each hacker.

Please, again, don't missunderstand me. It's not that I'm an egolatric maniac or paranoic. Just wanted to let you know that.
ReyVGM

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes they may just be codes, but some people worked hard to get those codes.
If they are so "meaningless" and easy to come by, then you should have done all of them yourself. If not, then credit the people that worked hard to get all those codes that you so easily combined into an exel doc.
One such doc that you will pass around and get the credit from people that dedicated years of combined hard work.

Same thing happens with the screenshots on my site. I don't want to watermark them to preserve their integrity and originality, but stupid visitors steal them and submit them to gamefaqs or use them on other sites as if were their own.
Yeah, they are only screenshots, but YOU try to reach the last boss or a certain part of a mega hard game and then have everyone posting your screenshot of it around as if that screenshot just appears on the net by itself.

I wouldn't mind if it's a few images (or codes in this case), but mass leeching? The least people could do is credit the makers. It doesn't cost anything.

This is not a personal rant at you mightymo77, it's just a rant to everyone that does such things without giving credit Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mightymo77
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReyVGM wrote:
but YOU try to reach the last boss or a certain part of a mega hard game and then have everyone posting your screenshot of it around as if that screenshot just appears on the net by itself.

Yeah right, we all know that you used cheat codes.
lol just kidding man Laughing

That Excel document I have took me over 24 hours to make. You can't easily import data into Excel, it's a major pain in the ass. But then again, the document is huge, it has every official Game Genie code for every system it came out for. Plus I recently added the Magic Engine codes.
VisitntX
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
That Excel document I have took me over 24 hours to make.

Yeah, and all the codes submited by me at the gshi took me like three years. And I mean all of them. There are codes for almost 2000 games throught different systems and type of codes.

That's all I will say about this. I wrote everything clear enough and I don't want a fight of any kind for this.

So please, if you keep your file credit the people who hacked them.
ReyVGM

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the very least credit the sites where you got the codes Smile
VisitntX
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I should had wroten that.
mightymo77
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem, and good idea.
VisitntX
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad we have come a satisfactory resolution.
And glad to find intelligent people so this has not become as other posts around the internet where one opinion is insulted by others, and then that start a war between people.
bernielindell
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VisitntX wrote:
And glad to find intelligent people so this has not become as other posts around the internet where one opinion is insulted by others, and then that start a war between people.

I am with you on that one!! I was hoping this forum wouldnt turn into a boxing match like I have seen elsewhere. Mad Nice to see we still have some civility.
mightymo77
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bernielindell wrote:
VisitntX wrote:

I am with you on that one!! I was hoping this forum wouldnt turn into a boxing match like I have seen elsewhere. Mad Nice to see we still have some civility.

Oh yeah, of course. I hate the way people are so....... ignorant, I guess you can call it. There's a lot of immaturity in the world, let's make sure this forum doesn't become like that!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Cheats All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: