MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Another sign the world is coming to an end...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Specineff
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 8:03 am    Post subject: Another sign the world is coming to an end... Reply with quote

Well.. I couldn't believe it when I saw it. This item wasn't even supposed to exist! See it with your own eyes.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1393372504

What's next? A SECAM Saturn and a VGA-equipped Atari 2600? A gas-powered Game Boy? Panzer Dragoon Saga and Sapphire for the Master System??? Shocked Shocked Shocked

We're all doomed! Soon the world will be ruled by intelligent monkeys and Charlton Heston will lead us in a revolution against them... NOOOOO!!
All your base are belong to us!! Die, monster! You don't belong in this world! I am from the line of the great dragon. I will put an end to your little adventure!

Thank you for Playing. Have a nice day, and may the force be with you.
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: Another sign the world is coming to an end... Reply with quote

Hehe Laughing

Chances are it's a German imported TurboGrafx (modified to run in PAL 60 Hz). As odd as it may seem, Germans imported their NEC machines from USA, not from Japan like we in France, Belgium, Luxemburg and a few other European countries used to do.

So, I'd warn French and Benelux users against this bidding: this system is most probably only compatible with US TurboChips, NOT with Japanese HuCards. Unless of course that it's sold with a Kisado or whichever converter (doesn't seem, though). Certainly not worth the price asked by the seller (300+ euros for a cartridge system? *gasp*).

Specineff wrote:
What's next? A SECAM Saturn and a VGA-equipped Atari 2600?

We had SECAM Saturns here in France Wink

Quote:
Panzer Dragoon Saga and Sapphire for the Master System???

Mmm, I'd prefer Ikaruga for the PC Engine Mr. Green
Specineff
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaminari, I had heard that there was no SECAM Saturn whatsoever, but only PAL and NTSC. And that was from somebody at Sega. Seems they were wrong.

Ikaruga for the PCE? We could contact the guys who created Implode, hand them some bitmaps of rendered ships (like they did with Donkey Kong Country on SNES, or Sapphire on the PCE) Instruct them how the game should play, press the CD's and head for the Bahamas with all the money we'll make. LOL Wink

I would love to see another homebrewn game on the PCE, like Implode.
And I would kill for the chance to develop it. Hey, I can dream, can't I? Very Happy
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Specineff wrote:
Kaminari, I had heard that there was no SECAM Saturn whatsoever, but only PAL and NTSC. And that was from somebody at Sega. Seems they were wrong.

They better should have been SECAM, or else they wouldn't have worked on our TV sets at all Razz

Most of the TVs sold in France nowadays are SECAM/PAL/NTSC compatible. But the standard is still SECAM and, back in those days, every game console officially distributed here was required to run in SECAM. I may be wrong, but I can't imagine Sega releasing a PAL Saturn with the risk that it wouldn't run on a fair number of displays Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: