MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Bonk swimming in air and more!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
atarijaguar
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:41 am    Post subject: Bonk swimming in air and more! Reply with quote

I first came upon this back in 1991, when I was messing around and accidently made Bonk fall off the screen, it took me awhile to reproduce what happened, I always thought about sending the tick into EGM but never did.

On the first level after being eaten by the stegosaurus walk to the side of the screen and press back and forth (r,l,r,l,r,l,r) on the turbo pad, bonk will slip back and forth eventually through the wall (it takes some practice and good timing).

Once on the other side swim to the left.

You can also jump out of the water if you want to go back to normal play.

The trick works on all levels with water (and fly[swim] with the dragonflies).

The other trick I discovered is that you can keeping hitting the flowers on the side and more and more items will come out.

Helps if the flower is next to a step. When hitting the flower hit up/right or up/left to guarantee a strike each time (sometimes just hitting left he bonks but does not make the flower spring).

Not sure if anyone else has come across these two tricks before, but thought I should share.

P.S. I tried and tied but I just can't seem to get bonk to slip off the screen on the Playstation2 version. It almost looks like it will work, but nope, I don't recall but I think the flower trick is still possible.

Bonk 2 and Bonk 3 don't seem to work either.
ccovell
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a very cool glitch!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Tips & Tricks All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: