MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Requests for Cheat Codes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LitCandle

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:57 am    Post subject: Requests for Cheat Codes Reply with quote

ok I thought this might be handy so that all requests for cheat codes are in the same thread.

If there's a game you'd like to have cheat codes for (or a CD game you'd like cheat codes for) please leave a message here (and perhaps the type of cheat you'd like to have (or the one you'd like to have the most)) and we'll try to find them if we can Smile

LitCandle
billnes

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello LitCandle,

Thank you very much for taking requests. I can assure you that it's greatly appreciated. Between family and work I just don't have the time or enegry to find cheat codes. I only have one request:

Marcross 2036 (CD-J)
a) Invincibility / Infinite Enegry
b) Short stages / Complete stages quickly
c) Visual Mode / Show all FMV's
d) any devlopers / programmers back doors

Best wishes and warmest regards,
Bill "The Colonel" N.
Your humble cinema maintenance man
Hicksville, NY
billnes@yahoo.com
LitCandle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi bill,

I found a version on the Internet, but it doesn't seem to work on Magic Engine for some reason. I can get to the title screen (which has awesome music by the way), then at the next screen there's a robot that goes across the screen with a caption underneath that says [Exa-Glage], then it freezes. I've tried a few different things and they don't seem to fix it. It might be that the copy I downloaded was a bad copy.... it doesn't work from Magic Engine 1.0 v10 up to 1.1.3.

LitCandle
lexluthermiester

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Requests for cheats... Reply with quote

Hi folks,

I am LexLuthermiester. I would like to express my gratitude to David and Cedric[as well as anyone/everyone else] for creating such a fine emulator and for investing so much time into the software we have today.

Over the many years[26] of gaming I've developed a nack for finding codes for various cheat devices. It started with the original Game Genie for the NES and went on from there. When the emulation community started to flourish I transferred my experience to finding codes for various emulators.

I have found the cheat function within MagicEngine to be very intuitive and easy to use. That coupled with the fact that I have[or have access to] nearly every Hucard game in existence, I can find codes easily. I only have 1 cd-rom[the Gates of Thunder disc that came with the Duo], so Hucards are the limit of things for me, at this time.

Having said all that, I would like to invite anyone who has a request for codes for a Hucard game to post said request with the name of the game and the kind of code[s] you are looking for and I will put some time into finding some codes for that game. I do check this forum often and will try to respond in a timely manner.

Feel free to message me through the forums or by direct reply to this post.

I look forward to helping anyone who needs it.
Cheers,
Lex
joetdude

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.. How about codes for "Ys IV: The Dawn of Ys" (The Japanese Game + the English Patch made by Nightwolf?)
such as Quick Level Gain, Infinite HP, and Infinite MP?
lexluthermiester

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joetdude wrote:
Hmm.. How about codes for "Ys IV: The Dawn of Ys" (The Japanese Game + the English Patch made by Nightwolf?)
such as Quick Level Gain, Infinite HP, and Infinite MP?

Again, I have one CD game, Gates of Thunder. I would love to dig into YS4, if I had it. I've never even seen that game so it would be fun to check it out.

But really, HuCards only for now.

Now if anyone wants to contribute to the cause and send me the game they want codes for I have no issues with that. Of course that would mean that you would need to live in the USA. But other than that it's going to be a while before I collect enough cd games to be effective as a provider of codes for them.

I will be posting some codes for a few games soon, so stay tuned.

*Edit* I would, of course, return any cd games offered to the cause of finding codes to the person who owns them. When I said "contribute" and "send" I meant on temporary basis. This requires trust and in this world that doesn't come easy. But for anyone who is having trouble finding codes or simply doesn't have the time, a trade of one on one time with the game in exchange for codes doesn't seem unreasonable.
joetdude

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am more than happy to lend you my Duo CD Games for code creation purposes, and yes, I live in the US of A. Cool

Here is a list of the [USA NTSC] games I own
Bonk 3 CD
Cosmic Fantasy 2
Dungeon Explorer II
Exile
Exile II: Wicked Phenomenon
The Dynastic Hero
The Legend of Heroes: Dragon Slayer
Ys Book I & II
Ys III: Wanderers from Ys

Here is a list of the [NTSC Japan] Games that I own
XAK III: The Eternal Recurrence (and an English patch for it)
Ys IV: The Dawn of Ys (and an English patch for it)

I know that some of those games already have codes for them.
I went ahead and kept them in this list in case you want to borrow them so ya can play them. ^_^

Feel free to PM me with witch games ya wanna borrow, as well as your mailing address, and I'll send them your way.
If you want to borrow them all at once, that's cool too.
It'll save on shipping. Cool
junk_man32
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Godzilla please
lexluthermiester

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

junk_man32 wrote:
Godzilla please

I've never seen that one for HuCard. Was it a CD game?
junk_man32
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lexluthermiester wrote:
junk_man32 wrote:
Godzilla please

I've never seen that one for HuCard. Was it a CD game?

its turbo cd
LitCandle

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joetdude wrote:
The Legend of Heroes: Dragon Slayer

Link

CD Games like this one are sometimes really hard to find codes for. I need to find the codes in cheat engine (since the magic engine cheat system doesn't search through everything), then find out by trial and error which address those codes belong too in magic engine (takes atleast 5 minutes)

The next one is YS IV (since YS IV is popular, cheats = yay), but I can't find the English translation project website, so I need the patch from someone before I can search

It's not hard to find CD games on the internet. I can't tell you the name of the site (because of piracy), but it starts with R, and ends with R, and the (scrambled) middle letters are lhmeosut (but if you unscramble them it's omhustle), anyway good luck deciphering that!

LitCandle

PS. the other site is smorepod (you need to spell it backwards though)
PSS. oh, how badly did you want Godzilla and Bonk 3 (you can use the hucard for Bonk 3 which has codes already, but I'll look for them if you really want me to). Cosmic Fantasy, Exile.. maybe some other time, unless it's urgent!
Unlockable Content
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder Momo codes Question
gamesbloke
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:41 am    Post subject: My First Request/Post.... Reply with quote

Hey peeps.

Firstly a little bit of an apology as it seems like this thread hasn't been visited for a while but I really wasn't sure where to post for this.....

Is there an introduction thread somewhere? Embarassed

Basically its a bit of a request to start with, if I may? : -

What I was hoping for was some cheat codes for Ys IV with the english patch. I have done some basic searching on the site and found very little other than request on this very thread for it, so in basic terms I would like some codes for the usual: HP/MP/EXP/GOLD etc etc....

Secondly I have read through some of the basics for self-searching using the magicengine cheats engine however I always seem to struggle to find addresses for things such as hp/mp and so forth. Just casually browsing through the codes for other Ys titles I notice that there are two address values for the inf hp/mp and so on.

My question really is that via searching through values of 2 bytes I always seem to find one address in the end... and as you can imagine fail miserably.... Embarassed Just wondered if there was anything straightforward that I may have missed..... Smile

Appreciate your time and understanding with my first post and I hope that I can be a reasonably active/decent member of this great looking community...!

Always been a bit of a fan of the PC-Engine and its variants... Very Happy

Many thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Cheats All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: