MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Hugo Saves and Magic Engine Import and Whats the difference

View previous topic :: View next topic  
junk_man32
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Hugo Saves and Magic Engine Import and Whats the difference Reply with quote

I have a save here and it ends with .hgo, and i think it is the same format as a .dat backup ram file, its just that the .hgo file is 8kb compared to 2kb. So i hex edit the .dat file so it will be the exact size as 8 kb the .hgo file, just adding blank spaces (00) until it is the right size. I compare the 2 files in the hex editor, and its the correct size, and both start with HUMB as the beginning for the save. Now i just renamed backup.dat to .hgo to use it in a hugo emulator for the wii. But sadly, its not loading the magic engine save (I got so far in Godzilla, its a hard game, very hard) i wanted to use a save for the Hugo, but what the heck??? It doesnt load, so i reverse the process using the .hgo save for magic engine, doesnt work either. Can someone (an expert?) tell me whats wrong, here are 3 save files, backup.dat is the one i want to use with it, Copy of 9759A20D.hgo is the original .hgo file that i want to replace with backup.dat, and 2Copy of 9759A20D.hgo is the modified file i modified, can someone tell me whats up???
Code:
http://www.uploading.com/files/VFK7L6DW/backup.dat.html

Code:
http://www.uploading.com/files/MIZ6FNLL/Copy_of_9759A20D.hgo.html

Code:
http://www.uploading.com/files/YMLECSIZ/2Copy_of_9759A20D.hgo.html

I want to import the saves to Hugo-Wii and its not working, tried renaming and u bunch of stuff, cant seem to know the problem. Hugo is a port from the real guy. So if you guys dont know ill ask him.
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What program did you use to edit the backup.dat file? I loaded the '2Copy_of_9759A20D.hgo' file in a hex editor and it had all the zeroes (0x00) replaced by spaces (0x20), this is problably why it doesn't work.
junk_man32
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmichel wrote:
What program did you use to edit the backup.dat file? I loaded the '2Copy_of_9759A20D.hgo' file in a hex editor and it had all the zeroes (0x00) replaced by spaces (0x20), this is problably why it doesn't work.

thanks, i figured it out.Thanks, and anybody know of any cheat codes for godzilla, like the cheat engine for magic engine, i cant find any cheats searching!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: