MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Continue search button greyed out?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
F00f
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: Continue search button greyed out? Reply with quote

When searching for a code im allowed to start a new search but it does not allow me to continue the search for cheats.

I know how memory editing works and how to do it but the cheat plugin that is built into magic engine does not work for me the button is grayed out and it will not allow me to search for the new value. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Could it possibly be a fault in one of the config files and/or bad programming?

Tried it both in the demo version and full version to no avail.

Heres a screencap. Take a look for yourself. I tried 4 byte search first since it is a large number which you would have to use a 4byte value. I tried a 2 byte and 3 byte search as well. I made sure the value changed and it still stayed that way.
lexluthermiester

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:30 am    Post subject: ?!? Reply with quote

You do realize that you have to go back to the game each and every time you search right? And if you mess up you have to start over[restart]. If you are not going back to the game after every search the only options you will have are "Restart" and, well, "Restart"...

Not trying to be a smart-alec or anything, but I made the same mistake before figuring it out.
F00f
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: ?!? Reply with quote

lexluthermiester wrote:
You do realize that you have to go back to the game each and every time you search right? And if you mess up you have to start over[restart]. If you are not going back to the game after every search the only options you will have are "Restart" and, well, "Restart"...

Not trying to be a smart-alec or anything, but I made the same mistake before figuring it out.

Yes, i knew that and it does not work for me i'm not stupid, did you not read what i said right here
Quote:
I made sure the value changed and it still stayed that way.

In other words i DID go back to the game EACH TIME and made sure the VALUE CHANGED but it still remains greyd out.
So no you don't have the same problem i have.
lexluthermiester

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: ?!? Reply with quote

F00f wrote:
lexluthermiester wrote:

Yes, i knew that and it does not work for me i'm not stupid, did you not read what i said right here
Quote:
I made sure the value changed and it still stayed that way.

In other words i DID go back to the game EACH TIME and made sure the VALUE CHANGED but it still remains greyd out.
So no you don't have the same problem i have.

Ok, I was in fact trying to be helpful. So you really NEED to tone down the hostility a few notches...

Perhaps you should download a fresh copy of the emulator and reinstall it?
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Continue search" is greyed out because the results list is empty, you can continue a search only when there's one or more match.
lexluthermiester

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmichel wrote:
"Continue search" is greyed out because the results list is empty, you can continue a search only when there's one or more match.

Yup, there is that as well.... Laughing

Since we are talking about the cheat search function, has there been any thought to including the memory addresses for cd games in the next update/revision? Or did I miss something....
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, CD RAM and Supergrafx RAM, they will both be added in the next version. I'm working on a new XML format for cheats too, and if I have time I will add a new BCD/hexa type too so that we dont have to do the calculation manualy each time. Smile
lexluthermiester

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmichel wrote:
Yes, CD RAM and Supergrafx RAM, they will both be added in the next version. I'm working on a new XML format for cheats too, and if I have time I will add a new BCD/hexa type too so that we dont have to do the calculation manualy each time. Smile

Sweet! Can't wait for the next revision. Got a bunch of CD games that are giving me issues with code searching... And SuperGrafx support? Nothing less than exceptional! Wouldn't that be a nice Christmas present... Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Cheats All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: