MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

It Came from the Desert

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hugues
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:34 am    Post subject: It Came from the Desert Reply with quote

I absolutely love MagicEngine but have one small complaint... It Came from the Desert doesn't completely work Sad

OK, I know it's not exactly a popular game.. and it does work pretty darn well in version 1.1.3 (the load time is so much better than playing on my TurboDuo Very Happy). However, there are a couple issues with it:

1) One of the overhead battles freezes. At first I thought all overhead battles froze but narrowed it down to one. Unfortunately it's one I can't find a way around (you have some control over the storyline of the game and can avoid some battles).

2) On the overhead battles that do work, and on the opening screen, there are some 8x8 black squares at random places.

This is all on an original game CD, neither of these occur on a TurboDuo.

Since I'm probably the only person asking for this I'm prepared to do some work - are there any debug logs or information I can collect to help?
hugues
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple more notes on this..

-Before the overhead battles there is a brief animation, usually an ant coming up from the ground. If you try to skip the animation by pressing Button I or Button II the battle freezes 100% of the time. If you let the animation play out the battle is fine.

-The battle that always freezes is on Day 3 if you visit the Foundry. It has a video sequence before the battle instead of the previously noted ant sequence. Even if you let that video play the battle freezes. Luckily this can be skipped

-There is a second occurrence of this bug on Day 5 (and probably 6, 7, Cool when you visit Lud's ammo. This can also be skipped.

-The music continues to play while the game is frozen.

The good news is that I confirmed it is possible to win the game even with these bugs, so long as you know which areas to avoid and when.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: