MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

System hangs during shutdown after using Magic Engine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omega
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: System hangs during shutdown after using Magic Engine Reply with quote

Hi.

I have donwloaded Magic Engine 1.0.0 PR10 for Windows.
(Version 1.1.3 PC does not work for me - it crashes immediately with a blue screen.)

It works very well and every game that I have tested so far, works fine.

But I have one annoying problem with Magic Engine on my computer:

When I had started Magic Engine, my computer hangs everytime(!) when shutting down the system. When Magic Engine has not been started, the system shuts down immediately and turns power off as it should be.

I have checked via the Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Delete) whether Magic Engine is still in memory after quitting the program. But it isn't.

This isn't that much of a problem but it bothers me, when I have to turn off the PC everytime by hand and at the next system start Scandisk is running and my Desktop is messed up and shows a button "Activate Active Desktop".

Can someone help, please?

My System Specs are the following:

Microsoft Windows ME (4.90, Build 3000)
AMD Athlon Processor, MMX, 3DNow, 1000 MHz
256MB Ram
DirectX: 8.0 (4.08.00.0400)

I have the following hardware and the latest drivers that I can find (for my old WindowsME OS):

- HID-compliant 8 button game controller
- Onboard VIA AC'97 Audio Controller (WDM)
- Hitachi DVD Rom GD-2500
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: