MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

fx-pad info?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ulao
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:52 am    Post subject: fx-pad info? Reply with quote

Could any one here provide me with some pc-fx controller info?

I know the device uses an ID system

examples:
Mouse = 0xD
Multitap = 0xE
Pad = 0xF

And I know its a serialized data, guessing a clock, latch, and data pins. but It would appear the system is sending some kind of a handle to the controller. I could not possibly guess this. Looking for a hardware manual or dev kit for the pc-fx. Or just someone that may know this info.

Thx!

UPDATE::

Since there is like 0 info on the net I figure I'd post what I found out.

First of I was able to successfully convert this fx-pad to usb!! I used an atmel atmega chip with avr programming.

Here is the correct pin out.

facing the game pad plug
1 2 3 4
0 0 0 0
0 0 0
5 6 7

1 +5
2 data
3 set low, this may be the data direction
4 latch
5 Gnd
6 clock
7 Gnd

I'm not sure what the original clock speed is but with my 12 mhz, I set it to 6us and it worked fine. Raise the latch, then looping.. lower the clock, read a bit, higher the clock..16 bits and your done Wink

I never figure out how to requests an ID. but its not needed to make it work.

Chances are I will not be back to this forum so PM, and replying wont find me, if you need to look for bliss-box usb controller, that me Wink

If you find this info useful please link back to my main page http://bliss-box.net/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: