MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

How do I utilize these ROM's?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steelix123
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: How do I utilize these ROM's? Reply with quote

Okay, before I start, I should like to point out that I know alot about hardware, but, I am a complete dunce regarding software. I recently started acquiring what I thought were Turbo CD rom's, and probably are, but they are in a format that I do not understand how to utilize properly.
I downloaded them from doperoms.com, and found many potential games, however, they are not like the files that I got from Romnation...they will not run on magic engine.

Here is as far as I got:
Downloaded the files (they are in .rar format), and proceeded to use winrar to extract them...now, here is where I am clueless...did I miss a step or is there something I have to do further? What I have is a bunch of iso tracks and a cue file and whatnot. So what do I do with them? the rom's that work for my magic engine are all in .zip format, btw. If that helps any.

I should also implore any replys to please try to be as noncryptic as possible...I really am a complete idiot and poor with directions and will most likely not understand your solutions, but, feel free to try Smile.
Steelix123
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw, I would more than love to buy the games myself, but, seeing as I am trying to complerte my Saturn collection, I think my wallet deserves a break. PK Tomaru just about killed the little leather fella.
ReyVGM

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Convert the music files to WAV, use Alcohol 120% or Daemon's Tools to mount the cue file as if it were an actual CD in your computer, open the emu and you should be able to play it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Steelix123
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ReyVGM"]Convert the music files to WAV, use Alcohol 120% or Daemon's Tools to mount the cue file as if it were an actual CD in your computer, open the emu and you should be able to play it.[/quote]

Okay, how do I convert tto Wav, then, what is Daemon's tool's and what is mounting?
duke4711
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daemon Tools creates a virtual CD/DVD drive on your computer(or up to four). You can use it to mount CD images(iso files, bin/cue, etc.) and it will work the same as an actual drive, only better because the files run right off of your hard disc. Use Alcohol 120% or CDR-WIN to make an image of the game you want to play, mount it to Daemon Tools, and you're good to go. You'll see the game in the Magic Engine CD menu.
Steelix123
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uh...make an image.....wha...? this gets more confusing the more I think about it.
sunteam_paul
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have Nero, you should unzip the archive and create a new CD from the Wizard (other CD formats), selecting the .cue file when prompted.

You might have to convert the audio files, depending on what you have, so you'll need something that converts to .wav format.
Ichabod
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have this exact problem, but on a mac. Can anyone shed some light please?
bernielindell
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may seem a little bit much at first, but it really isnt. If you download a game, that has an iso along with a bunch of Mp3's, then you must convert them to wave format. Just google for a free mp3 to wave converter. Once you convert the files, you may get rid of the mp3 ones for good. Now, there should also be a cue file. Open it with NOTEPAD. If your cue lists the files as wav, you are good. If they are mp3, you must change them to wav. Simple really. Just delete Mp3, and type wav . At the end of each line, it should also read WAVE. I will include an example.

FILE "TRACK01.WAV" WAVE
TRACK 01 AUDIO
INDEX 01 00:00:00
FILE "TRACK02.ISO" BINARY
TRACK 02 MODE1/2048
PREGAP 00:03:00
FILE "TRACK03.WAV" WAVE
TRACK 03 AUDIO
PREGAP 00:02:00
FILE "TRACK04.WAV" WAVE
TRACK 04 AUDIO
FILE "TRACK05.WAV" WAVE
TRACK 05 AUDIO
FILE "TRACK06.WAV" WAVE
TRACK 06 AUDIO
FILE "TRACK07.WAV" WAVE
TRACK 07 AUDIO
FILE "TRACK08.WAV" WAVE
TRACK 08 AUDIO
FILE "TRACK09.WAV" WAVE
TRACK 09 AUDIO
FILE "TRACK10.WAV" WAVE
TRACK 10 AUDIO
FILE "TRACK11.WAV" WAVE
TRACK 11 AUDIO
FILE "TRACK12.WAV" WAVE
TRACK 12 AUDIO
FILE "TRACK13.WAV" WAVE
TRACK 13 AUDIO
FILE "TRACK14.WAV" WAVE
TRACK 14 AUDIO
FILE "TRACK15.WAV" WAVE
TRACK 15 AUDIO
FILE "TRACK16.WAV" WAVE
TRACK 16 AUDIO
FILE "TRACK17.WAV" WAVE
TRACK 17 AUDIO
FILE "TRACK18.WAV" WAVE
TRACK 18 AUDIO
FILE "TRACK19.WAV" WAVE
TRACK 19 AUDIO
FILE "TRACK20.WAV" WAVE
TRACK 20 AUDIO
FILE "TRACK21.WAV" WAVE
TRACK 21 AUDIO
FILE "TRACK22.ISO" BINARY
TRACK 22 MODE1/2048
PREGAP 00:03:00
If for instance your cue sheet has Mp3 it would say something like this
FILE "TRACK21.MP3" MP3
Simply edit the cue to say this
FILE "TRACK21.WAV" WAVE

Do this throughout the entire cue sheet if needed. DO NOT change any names, as this will make the cue unusable.

If you already have a WAV cue, nothing is needed. Also if you have a bin/cue image, nothing is needed to be done. Go to filehippo.com and download Daemon tools. It will create a virtual disc drive on your PC. You can then mount the image, by mounting the CUE, and play your game on Magic Engine. Laughing
Ichabod
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for this advice bernie. But what amendments are needed for MAC?, i.e. what is done after converting the mp3s and which programs are used?
bernielindell
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ichabod wrote:
Cheers for this advice bernie. But what amendments are needed for MAC?, i.e. what is done after converting the mp3s and which programs are used?

The same would apply for a MAC as well. However, I am not sure what program to use to mount the image for a MAC. I am sure there is one though. Just google for one. I think MACs actually have this built in with the Disc Utility, but its been a LONG time since I have fooled with one. Sad

You could always burn the image to disc once its been set up correctly. I use ImgBurn, which can be located for download from, http://www.imgburn.com/ . You could also use Nero, or whatever other software you prefer that enables burning disc images. I just prefer ImgBurn. Regardless of what program is used, you select the cue and the program will burn the disc properly. I HIGHLY recommend burning at the SLOWEST possible rate. After the disc is done correctly, you will be able to play it in Magic, or in actual hardware for that matter.

Here is another PCengine emulator, that although is in its early stages, seems VERY promising. It allows playing right from an image, without any mounting. I believe it is just supported by Windows right now though. Here is the link. http://aamirm.hacking-cult.org/index_files/turbo.htm

Hope I have been of some help.
Ichabod
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone else give a step by step guide on the above FOR MAC - it still not that clear how.

I've followed it as best as possible, buy ME doesn't see the image file.

Does the image need to contain all the waves/cue/iso ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: