MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Mysterious Song Turbo Grafx CD pre-order!!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paranoia Dragon
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:55 am    Post subject: Mysterious Song Turbo Grafx CD pre-order!!!! Reply with quote

Yup, that's right, we're that close now, looks like a March 1st 2010 release!

Pre-order here:
http://www.frozenutopia.com/index.html
bernielindell
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh!! This is great news!!!
duke4711
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great! I've been looking forward to this one. I will be picking it up for sure! Thanks guys!
Keranu
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pre-orders have gone smoothly so far!
bernielindell
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been checking on this from time to time. Is there any news at all on the project? Also would love to see some news on Neutopia 3.. Question
Paranoia Dragon
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At moment, the game is basically on hold. We're just waiting for the rest of the cinemas to be finished up. I don't think there's anything else left, other then to do a final beta testing once the cinemas are implemented. All of this has taken waaaaaaay longer then we ever expected ofcoarse. Seems like getting cinemas is one of the hardest things to do on the PCE. We had several members bail on us previously, we now have someone dedicated, but they're going thru some serious tribulation of their own with their family.

In the meantime, we're doing work on 2 other games. A platformer...that I'm not 100% sure we've announced publicy yet, & another game I can't talk much about that is more of an Exile styled game, however, that game is being released under the Eponasoft brand, not Frozen Utopia.

Here is some early work on the Exile type game:

[quote author=The Old Rover link=topic=8998.msg156168#msg156168 date=1294134842]
OK... back from vacation. Very Happy Getting some more work done on this. New shots to reveal. Very Happy

Area names are now working, a la Exile II. This particular area, as stated before, is not going to be in the final game so I can call it whatever the hell I want to. This name just kinda popped into my head. Dunno why. I guess it means something still works upstairs. Razz

This is the start of the submenu. As you can see, there is no "armor", "shields", or "headwear" in this game... instead, you have Bracer and Ring. Bracer is similar to Armor, and Ring is similar to something like Relic in FF6, or like the Rings in Ys Book I. Magic selects which spell you're currently using, and Item allows you to... use an item. Very Happy I guess I don't have to explain Exit. Very Happy At the bottom of the submenu is the statistics. Most should be easy to figure out. Smile STR = Strength, DEF = Defense, M.A = Magic Attack, M.D = Magic Defense, W.P = Weapon Power, A.C = Armor Class, MLH = Moolah, the game's currency.

New title screen. Very Happy
[/quote]
bernielindell
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!! That is exciting news! Glad I posted. Thanks for the info. This gives us all something to look forward to plus more. Keep us up to date, and I will keep checking your main site as well. Maybe one day we will see some news on the Neutopia 3 as well. Laughing
Paranoia Dragon
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Neutopia 3 is on the backburner for now, I have several songs I've worked on for it, but, Neutopia 3 is going to be a HUGE project, & is going to be coded entirely in ASM I believe. Also, I don't know about everyone else, but, I deffinitly want cinemas in Neutopia 3, so I'd want to make sure we have an artist for that, that can be totally dedicated to it!

Also, don't forget about our buddies as http://aetherbyte.com/ they are working on a Retro Arcade compilation for the Turbo. IIRC, they are doing remakes/clones of Defender, Pac-Man(retitled Pyramid Plunder), the Skate of Die 2 ramp, Jungle Hunt, & a few others, it will rock!

Also, I think there's a possibility that Mindrec will be releasing Xymati onto XBL first, to help pay the bills, & then released on the Turbo. I haven't heard anything else on PC Gunjin lately though.

Oh, & our buddy Charles MacDonald might be working on a shmup, kinda off again on again, depending on his time, so I'm hoping he'll get to finish it & then maybe we'll help him out & release that. But, like I said, depends on his time, so, it could be awhile before we see that one.
bernielindell
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes. I have been following http://aetherbyte.com/ I recently purchased Insanity for the Duo, so it should be in the mailbox any day now. Just recently started hitting ebay for all the games I had as a teenager, and like an idiot that didnt know any better, got rid of about 14 years ago. All this new project stuff has got me excited. The RPG projects really have me excited. Thanks for all the info. Its good to know these things are still ongoing and not dead. Wink
shubibiman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Oh, & our buddy Charles MacDonald might be working on a shmup, kinda off again on again, depending on his time, so I'm hoping he'll get to finish it & then maybe we'll help him out & release that. But, like I said, depends on his time, so, it could be awhile before we see that one.

Wow! Great news! I never heard of that one before.
Paranoia Dragon
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, we've only been talking about in on IRC chat, so, there's been nothing announced, plus, I haven't seen him talk about it lately, but, I hope I can get him to make it a full release, hopefully on cd, rather then just a rom to download on the net.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: