MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

New version??
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bernielindell
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: New version?? Reply with quote

Has anyone heard from Dave when this may be ready, or how close it is? I am anxious to see the differences! Ever since it was announced there would be some good surprises, I've been excited!! So, any news at all? Question
GobanToba
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: New version?? Reply with quote

bernielindell wrote:
Has anyone heard from Dave when this may be ready, or how close it is? I am anxious to see the differences! Ever since it was announced there would be some good surprises, I've been excited!! So, any news at all? Question

I haven't heard anything, but I think it would be great if the community could support him some more financally.

I'm thinking lets let him know that if he put it out as a 2.0 version that we would all buy the new version. (As opposed to releasing it as 1.2 free upgrade)

Maybe financially that would be good for him and give some incentive. I can't imagine ME has made him more money than hours he has put into it.
bernielindell
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.. Never thought about it that way. Heck, I'd do that. Not sure how many others would, but I would certainly be willing to donate more to the cause.
GobanToba
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bernielindell wrote:
Hmm.. Never thought about it that way. Heck, I'd do that. Not sure how many others would, but I would certainly be willing to donate more to the cause.

I think I got a key like 5 or more years ago and have never paid for an update.

Most software (like Norton or Quickboos or whatever) you have to fork out money every year for the latest versions of stuff.

So for a piece of software we actually like, well, I think it is time. Certainly there could be one price for new key and maybe a discount if you are upgrading or something. That might make people feel better.
KingHanco

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he quit because http://aamirm.hacking-cult.org/index_files/turbo.htm and http://www.ouma.jp/ootake/

I hope he is alright. I think it time to let this one go.
bernielindell
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am starting to believe he has left the scene as well.... Sad
denzilla
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave seems like a nice guy, but I don't think he's has ever made good on a release date. I've been coming here since around 2000 so I've seen this happen time and time again. If he "left the scene" as you say, then he would probably make an announcement of some sort. Barring anything tragic happening in his life (Which I hope isn't the case) this is just typical behavior for him.
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Sorry for my long silence, 2009 has been a terribly busy year for me and I'm a bit burned out, I'm slowly recovering though and I'm preparing my comeback, I will make a announcement soon and restart work on MagicEngine. Smile

Leaving the scene? Nah, no chance!

Otherwise I'm all good, no worries on this side. Smile
KingHanco

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woot he still around. Very Happy
GobanToba
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmichel wrote:

Nice to hear! Glad things are going good for you. Pretty awesome piece of software you have here.
bernielindell
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmichel wrote:
Hi!

Sorry for my long silence, 2009 has been a terribly busy year for me and I'm a bit burned out, I'm slowly recovering though and I'm preparing my comeback, I will make a announcement soon and restart work on MagicEngine. Smile

Good to see you are doing ok. Very Happy
sunteam_paul
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear. Magic Engine has been invaluable to me over the years. Now, if only we had more save slots...
crims0nf0rtune

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, just curious when the expected release date for the new version is?
The Coop
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:35 am    Post subject: Re: New version?? Reply with quote

GobanToba wrote:
bernielindell wrote:

I haven't heard anything, but I think it would be great if the community could support him some more financally.

I'm thinking lets let him know that if he put it out as a 2.0 version that we would all buy the new version. (As opposed to releasing it as 1.2 free upgrade)

Maybe financially that would be good for him and give some incentive. I can't imagine ME has made him more money than hours he has put into it.

This would be a fantastically bad idea.

For the people who paid for it, asking them to pay for it again, especially in light of there being two free TG-16 emulators that are running neck and neck with ME's last release, would be a poor move. It's one thing to charge for an emulator that you're working on. It's another to wipe the slate clean after people have already paid for it and, in essence, say, "Now buy it again."

Support's great. But unless the next version can do spectacular things that no other emulator can do, I don't see a legitimate reason to charge people a second time.

All this is IMHO of course.

Oh, and "hi" folks. Been a while hasn't it?
emodel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe, i would pay again for iso, bin cue etc support Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: