MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

DOS MagicEngine still available / Arcade Compatible?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mskyrm
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 2:04 am    Post subject: DOS MagicEngine still available / Arcade Compatible? Reply with quote

Hi,

I just started playing with MagicEngine and wow! I have such fond memories of playing Bravoman and firing it up perfectly on my laptop in <5 minutes was delightful!

A few questions:

1. I am thinking of registering, but I may need to run under DOS. Is a "current" release available for DOS or is it just Windows/Mac now?

2. Is there anyone out there running MagicEngine with ArcadeOS and an Arcade monitor? I'm going to be setting up my "Mame Cabinet" this week and was really hoping to have full-screen PC-Engine games running. Anyone?

Thanks so much,
-Matthew
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for your Magic Engine questions, when you register you get access to all of the ME flavors : DOS, Windows & MAC. For the DOS version you'll have to settle for ME v0.91, a release that dates a few years back, but it gets the job done under pure DOS ( I have a 'DOSbox' myself ). DOS's popularity nowadays dictates that it may not get an update unfortunately, but who knows?

As for your M.A.M.E. & ArcadeOS questions, you'll have better & more accurate feedback on the proper forums in my opinion. Wink

You may want to check out the DOS version of ME to see if it works under ArcadeOS :

http://joyce.eng.yale.edu/~bt/turbo/emu/

You can get the demo there ( the old Magic Engine page ).

With hopes to see you as a registered member soon Very Happy .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: