MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

CD+G (Karaoke) Audio CDs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ManaTribe
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:08 am    Post subject: CD+G (Karaoke) Audio CDs Reply with quote

Can Magic Engine play my CD+G discs? The original TG16 CD-ROM included a Warner New Media CD+G sampler disc and I have since picked up a few other titles (Jimi Hendrix, Fleetwood Mac, Lou Reed, Bonnie Raitt, etc) and would like to play them like I used to in the CD-ROM. I sold my original hardware a few years ago since discovering ME. Does anyone have any idea if this works? I'm on a G4 Mac running Tiger 10.4.11 btw....Thanks guys!
Joel Schmidt
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: It should work.... Reply with quote

But your biggest concern is going to be with your G4's processor speed. You are running Tiger still, so I am going to have to assume that you have a G4/800 or slower. Since 800mhz is the minimum needed for the OS X version of ME, you probably would not achieve the desirable level of playback for CD+G discs.
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, Magic Engine is not compatible with CD+G discs. Maybe in the future... but it has been on the wishlist for a long time.

Kega is a Mega Drive emulator with CD+G support. You can give it a try; a version for MacOS is available since last year.
ManaTribe
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:05 am    Post subject: CD+G (Karaoke) Audio CDs Reply with quote

Thanks guys I appreciate your thoughts. I found some software a while back that attempted to rip the graphics layer along with the audio and play it back as a .mov or .avi but it skipped a bunch of frames even though I have a 1.5Ghz G4 Powerbook...so I had hoped ME would be more of a logical solution allowing me to simply play the disc directly. Oh well. Its still great software and I'm glad it does what it does so well!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: