MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

A new face with a first post and a dumb question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chalupacabra
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: A new face with a first post and a dumb question Reply with quote

Hello, I'm new here. I'm sure I missed the party, as there doesn't seem to be as much interest in emulators with console options like Nintendo's Virtual Console and Microsoft's Live Arcade out there, but to me there just always feels like there's something off about those ports.

Besides, I already bought these games once, and don't see why I should be doing it again. Especially considering that from the Saturn/PS generation forward, I can simply make ISOs of my games and load them in emulators. Since the 360 controller works so nicely with Win 7, the old controller vs. keyboard debate is moot too.

Anyway, was down in Tokyo visiting a friend, and he took me to a vintage game shop called Super Potato. When I came to Japan, there have been a handful of old games I have been keeping my eye open for. The big one, Rondo of Blood, was there, up front, near the register in pristine condition. Despite no longer owning a TG16 (gave it to my kid bro a long time ago) and having never owned a Duo or TGCD, I left the store with it.

It wasn't an entirely bone-headed move as I was pretty sure there would be an emulator out there that could handle it, and I was right! I am very, very impressed with ME.

That said, I have a library of one game and, honestly, I really don't know what the hits were on this console. TG16/CD/Express was a big deal when I was in middle school, but I didn't own one until later on and, even then, I only had a handful of games for it. The handful I know of were American games, not Japanese ones. The only games I remember for the American console were all HuCard Games (not sure how I would get those onto the PC). To get to the point, my dumb question is this:

Next time I'm down in Tokyo, what are some good games to pick up?

They had a wall of CD and HuCard games, but I don't know any of them except Fighting Street, the Neo Geo ports, and the Y's games. I remember liking the Y's port on SNES (or was it Sega CD?) but, even though I speak Japanese, I tend to want to not deal with it when I'm enjoying some "me time".

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

-Henry Rollins
sunteam_paul
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It shames me to blatantly push my site like this, but check out the link in my signature! There are also some other great review sites on my links page - particularly of note are The Brothers Duomazov and PC Engine Daisakusen.
bernielindell
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunteam_paul wrote:
It shames me to blatantly push my site like this, but check out the link in my signature! There are also some other great review sites on my links page - particularly of note are The Brothers Duomazov and PC Engine Daisakusen.

Hell man, dont look ta it that way. Your site is awesome! Push away!!
Rockman
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bomberman '94 is great game and worth getting!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: