MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

I might be getting a barely used TurboDuo for cheap!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AmyGrrl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:18 am    Post subject: I might be getting a barely used TurboDuo for cheap!!! Reply with quote

My brother was offered a Turbo Grafx 16 and TurboDuo plus 16 Games for $40. From what I understand that the CD Drive was never used that much because they only had the original cd-rom rom card and couldn't play the newer games. If my brother gets it. He said he would consider trading me the TurboDuo for my Sega Genesis Model 2 and SegaCD Model 2 for it.

I'm actually really excited now. I already own 12 original cd games for the system. I bought them just to play with Magic Engine. Plus I also have the ArcadeCard Duo for it already. So I'm ready to play the newer games. Assuming the Card works in this region.

The only thing I'm not looking forward to is that I know the system can break fairly easy. If I get the system I may have to look into any fixes I can do to keep it in working order. Otherwise I'm just excited what better place to share my news then here.

Looks like I will need to do a region mod or get a converter to make the ArcadeCard Duo work.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rockman
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats!

I have an Arcade DUO and you definitely need a good adapter to use it. If the adapter is flakey the system starts fine but hangs while loading (presumably when it's accessing the extra ram).

I've had my DUO since 1995 and it's still working great.
bernielindell
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this isnt an April Fools joke, I suggest getting the system region modded AND refurbished. Plenty of able people over at pcenginefx.com are able to get that done for ya. I just recently had mine region modded and refurbished with all new caps. Well worth it.
AmyGrrl

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL How would this even be a joke? I was looking about what should be done to have it stay in working order and I think I will get those mods done to it. Sadly I just don't know if I am going to get it or not. All depends if this person can find the systems or not.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: