MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Another PC FX emulator..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sean
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 4:55 am    Post subject: Another PC FX emulator.. Reply with quote

Check it out at www.billyjr.com.

Possibly programmed by the wscamp's author (Japanese).
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From www.magicengine.com 's news section :
Quote:
What machine? Ah! No way, we won't tell you. Instead we have prepared a little contest to guess what is this new machine we emulate
It's like, easy to understand right? RIGHT???
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Another PC FX emulator.. Reply with quote

Sean wrote:
Possibly programmed by the wscamp's author (Japanese).

Seems like a big fake to me.

Anyway... As far as David's 'secret' emulator is concerned, it doesn't require a PhD to understand what it's supposed to emulate... and you can't prevent news sites to cover it either.

However, the contest is really about putting a full name on the games displayed on the home page, which some people obviously fail to check first instead of coming directly on the forum.

So play fair, be smart and don't spoil the contest.
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fake, perhaps. But 'this' machine never made it out here ( canada ). Tell me Kaminari, since you guys had the Japanese PC Engine/CoreGrafx, was 'this' machine released in France? Here, we were stuck with the TurboGrafx16, probably 1/2 empty, not to mention the CD-ROM add-on, as big as a house...
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, 'released' wouldn't be the exact word Wink

But yes, it was fairly well imported in France. This is all subjective of course. It wasn't as easily available as the PC Engine and was only sold for a couple of years. Since the PC-FX was released in Japan in late 1994, it wasn't very difficult to get one in France until 1996, when it simply dropped under the radar.

But you could say that it was much easier to get your hands on a PC-FX than on a Marty, for sure Laughing
Sean
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to tell people there is another PC-FX emulator other than the one programmed by the ME authors, nothing more(many people knew it is a PC-FX emulator on the day he posted the news here at www.maginengine.com.)

Well, time will tell if this is a fake or not. If the only thing I could get is this screenshot, I wouldn't believe it either.

I shouldn't post the news here, I am very sorry. Embarassed
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean wrote:
I shouldn't post the news here, I am very sorry. Embarassed

Speaking of news, it's a good idea that people check the home page once in a while before rushing here all of a sudden. It just happened that your timing was not that good. But now that the contest is over, feel free to report anything interesting you may see Smile

I said the emu seemed a fake to me, certainly not to bother you but simply because it really seems like a badly composed picture. Just look at the dirty artifacts around the logo, you don't see that on a real system even by taking a screenshot and compressing it to the fullest -- and incidentally, the compression is barely noticeable on the window GUI.

But hey, time will tell indeed, and that would be great to get our hands on now three different FX emulators Wink
FagEmul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's a bad fake and bad composed picture Laughing

same as all news from billyjr
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if it's a fake, this could be true. This image is the last image of the PC-FX logo animation (when it breaks the screen), it's a JPEG movie, the artifacts you saw are normal, I get them in my emulator too, here's a raw screenshot :

Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the clarification, David. I think I really need to go back and have a look at Dan's PC-FX Embarassed
Specineff
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, if there's something I don't understand is how NEC expected this machine to succeed with less polygon processing power then the PSX, and much less 2d capabilities than the Saturn. Not to mention, that it was a STOOPED idea not to make it backwards compatible with the golden goose that was the Super CDROM sytem, IMHO.

Anybody know of a reason why they went ahead with this awkward strategy?

Not that I'm bashing them, but come on... not compatible with the little white Engine that could? (And I don't mean the Dreamcast. Razz ) No Bonk? Legendary Axe? No Devil/Alien Crush with rendered graphics? Sapphire Mk.2? Dungeon Explorer 3? Oh, just to think at how those games would look like... Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: