MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Missing TG-16/Duo hardware "Bug/Feature"

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Does this info warrant a free copy of Magic Engine?
Yes
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
No
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 6

Juise
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 11:09 pm    Post subject: Missing TG-16/Duo hardware "Bug/Feature" Reply with quote

I like many of you actually had a TG-16 and Turbo-Duo (I still have my TG-16 somewhere). I noticed there is something missing in Magic Engine (at least the demo ver) that you can not do, which can be done with the actual systems.

When I was a kid Aero Blasters was one of my favorite games. The same day I got the game I discovered a cheat/hack for it. If you had a turbo tap and 2 controllers you could start the game in "Dual Scramble" (two payer) mode, once the game started pause it and remove the turbo tap and a controller, then plug a single controller directly into the system, unpause the game and move both ships to the top or bottom left corners until they are "merged". This will effectively double your firepower, and since the game has an odd number of continues if both player one and player two continue on 1 credit you will have an infinite number of continues!

As far I know this trick should work on all 2 player games.

So the ability to map player one and player two to the same keys/controller should be added to the emu.

Since I haven't registered I don’t know if you can do this in the full version. If you do add this "feature" to the emu how about a free copy? Smile
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juise, welcome on this forum and thank you for this interesting cheat. But you should have posted it in the Tips & Tricks section... I've got 1799 urawaza under my belt and I don't think that would entitle me or anyone else to 1799 free keyfiles Wink
Juise
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, and thanks for welcoming me to the forums.

The free key poll is more of a joke then anything else Smile

The only reason I posted here instead of the trips/tricks, is because this is a feature request. The ability to map multiple inputs to a single key, is something the software cant do yet, that can be done on the hardware.
nZero
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, just to add to that, there's another 'feature' that MagicEngine doesn't appear to support. With a sufficiently worn TurboPad, you can get it so that you can simultaneously press any of the 4 directionals all at once. In Raiden, pressing up and down at the same time will move your ship sideways off the left side of the screen and enemies will fire to the right but never hit you. I imagine some other games have input handling bugs like this as well. It would be appreciated if MagicEngine would at least allow the option of pressing up/down or left/right at the same time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: