MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Y's Book I&II Audio Problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ReneDRivers
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 8:00 pm    Post subject: Y's Book I&II Audio Problems Reply with quote

I am having a very odd problem. When I try to play Y's Book I&II with any version of magicengine the cd audio plays fine during the game, but the regular audio/sound does not (like in Minea town). This alone would not be odd, excpet for the fact that when I play a regular rom (such as blazing lazers) I get full audio. I am running magic engine 9.9 beta on windows xp home. I have a registered version of the software and I am using a real copy of Y's.

Any ideas?

Also if I decide to copy the Y's CD (as it is over 12 years old) would the copy work?

Thanks!
Squaresoft74
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make Sure you re using the Real Syscard3.0 rom and not the magic system Wink

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, there're some problem with audio in Y's Book I&II.
kern
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried using the real PCEngine 3.0 card but it does not fix this problem.

Using the 2.0 card restores the sound effects and the PCM music, but I have heard that it screws up the spoken dialogue in parts of the game (i.e. it loads the wrong speech track off the CD). Does anyone have information on this?

And this seems to be a known bug but it is not on the known bugs list in the sticky post at the top of the forum. Is there some known workaround or fix?

-Chris
kern
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I used v2.0 of the PCEngine card and everything seems to work fine. A previous poster on a different thread indicated that some speeches would not load correctly (and he gave Lair's Darm Tower speech as an example), but I just rescued Lair from Darm Tower and the speech loaded and ran just fine.

-Chris
colinhumber
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 12:36 am    Post subject: Same prob Reply with quote

I'm finding the same thing with my version of Ys 1&2. It won't play the music during the opening movie, but normal audio works during the game. Some spoken audio is messed up as well. Tried all three system cards....who knows.
Sardius
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so where the heck do you find the system cards. I keep hearing everyone say "go get the system card" but know one has said where they are.
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because as any other ROM/ISO, they are still copyrighted material and the Magic Engine forum is not the place to help distribute them. Mind you, NEC has to be one of the most tolerant companies ever when it comes to abandonware.

The System Card ROMs are easy to find, though. This question has been asked countless times on the forum and I kept answering it as much as I could. People should make the effort to browse through the forum (or perhaps it's really time that we put a sticky FAQ in place) or use the search feature Neutral

OK, here is a direct link. Hope it helps!
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
or perhaps it's really time that we put a sticky FAQ in place
Yes. Plans must start with day one of version 1.0. Sure, at first it will be small, but as info is added however...

David, are you planning beta testing for version 1.0? maybe some Wink of us can start tracking down bugs. I got a few different leftover pc's here each with different OS's ( from 95 to xp ) & various parts so I could probably spot some of them... I think Kaminari have a few tricks up his sleeves as well *hint* *hint* Wink ...

If we can help in any way....
Dr_D
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"When I try to play Y's Book I&II with any version of magicengine the cd audio plays fine during the game, but the regular audio/sound does not (like in Minea town). "

Ahh, another person with the sound fx bug. I'm feeling better already Smile
I've got the exact same problem(that's three people now...)
IMO, this has nothing to do with a system card. My guess is that if you try and TG16 CD game you will get similar results; the CD Audio plays fine, but you get NO sound fx...

I'm also using WinXP on a SBLive!(which i think may be the culprit), but have also tried running on Win2000 and WinMe(I think, it's been a while since I tried to fix this issue).

Does anyone have any clue what's going on with the sound fx?
Dr_D
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I feel like an idiot.
Thnaks for the advice Squareoft74, it worked, i finally have sound FX!

To quote myself and have a good laugh...
Quote:
IMO, this has nothing to do with a system card.
Motoki
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 3:23 am    Post subject: Ys sound problems Reply with quote

Hmm, mine works now with a 2.0 or 3.0 bios image file, but with some issues still. For one, when I enter Zeptic from the trail that comes from Minea, the CD/wav audio for the forest area that leads there does not shut off and the compter music and sound FX from being in the town still plays too. :O When I come in from the temple path, it shuts off though. Weird. It does this with Hugo also so I am wondering if there is a problem with my cue sheet or something.
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try setting your pce.ini file like this:

Code:
  ;
  ; CD-ROM audio input line
  ; --
  ;   0 -> first  audio input line [default]
  ;   1 -> second audio input line
  ;   ...
  ;
  ;   (see the log.txt file to find out what are the line numbers)
  ;

cd_audio_input_line=

Code:
  ;
  ; enable debug log file
  ; --
  ;   y -> enable  [default]
  ;   n -> disable
  ;

debug_log=y

You need to set these options if you want your CD volume control to actually work in analog mode. It shouldn't be an issue anymore with ME 1.0 since digital mode will be implemented.
dcallego
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 8:52 am    Post subject: Ys I & II cd music fade problem Reply with quote

I'm experiencing the same sound problems as Motoki. As soon as I walk in Zeptic village, the CD music should fade into the PCM music. Instead, the CD music continues, on top of the PCM music.

I understand that there is a CD fade function as part of the system card or something. Perhaps the CD music fade function is not emulated? Will this be fixed in 1.0 when CD music goes digital? *fingers crossed*

I haven't tested this on a real CDROM, I'm using Daemon tools for all my CD games. Could it be that the D-tools don't do the audio fade properly?

Anybody else have the CD music fade working on their real CDROM?
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure. Try the suggestions above.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: