MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Can't open ROMs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eskil
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:04 pm    Post subject: Can't open ROMs Reply with quote

I just downloaded the trial version of Magic Engine. I'm using a 24" Alu iMac with OS X 10.6.7. The installation went fine, but now I can't use the app because when I click File > Open, nothing happens. That's really all there is to it.
Am I doing something wrong?
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean the emulator doesn't start up? or are you talking about games?
eskil
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The emulator starts up, and then I want to load a Rom. So I press the keys, or select it from the menu, and then nothing happens.
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm merely paving the way for an experienced mac user to find a solution for you as I am on PC. So tell us, You have some roms in a 'Roms' folder in the Magic Engine directory I presume? Are they zipped? Have they been checked with an audit tool such as GoodPCE?

The more info you give us the better... Now where are all the mac users?

Wink
eskil
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, they way it works on Mac is that you simply have an executable in your Apps folder. The Roms are usually stored elsewhere. Unfortunately, I can't find an audit tool for OS X, so I haven't checked the ROMs, either. But I can't imagine that would be the problem, since I can't even get to the point where I can choose which ROM to open. I assume that when you click 'File > Open', there would be a file browser window that let's you choose a ROM. But that is exactly what doesn't happen. It's quite bizarre, really.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: