MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

NEO Power PC-Engin 64M flash cart
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Majestic_Lizard
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: I purchased one of these and thought it was defective because it did not work properly with my Duo console. It turns out not all consoles work with these. It is basically luck of the draw. However, my Turbo Grafx (non-cd) system works fine with the card.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update: It is, in fact, Megabits they are talking about, not Megabytes.

Does anyone why it uses such small increments of flash memory?

sideshow wrote:
Not only does the R-Type design look badass, the ability to flash 63 roms to one card is very convenient. Laughing

I realize this is six years too late, but it is a 64 Megabit flash card not 64 Megabyte. Even the new one is only 128 Megabit (16 Megabytes).

As most hucard games were 4 Megabit, you could really only store around 16 to 20 games on the card and roughly twice as much on the 128 Megabit model.

It is also fairly complex to actually get the roms to work from everything I've read.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: