MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

IC2005 Flash carts ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
andym00
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:40 pm    Post subject: IC2005 Flash carts ? Reply with quote

Hi all, I'm looking at getting back into some PC-Engine development again for the first time in a little over 20 years Smile

From some research it appears that the Flash card available from IC2005 is nice simple, and will do the job for what I want in terms of being able to test on the real thing..

My only question is are they reliable ? And has anyone here from the UK shipped successfully ? I had a hard time just signing up because it insisted on a 5 digit zip-code, and wouldn't take a UK postcode, so I filled it in as 0000, and then changed it to the UK post-code inside the profile modify page, which is strangely accepted..

Sorry if it's not the done thing to ask here, but there seems so few PCE places on the net it seemed like the best bet..

Andy
Majestic_Lizard
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, people in this forum are not communicating much.

From what I have read, back in 2009, people were having problems with the 128 Megabit cards, and there was apparently a bad batch of 64 Megabit cards back in 2007.

I don't know if they fixed the manufacturing flaw that was causing this, or if the PC Engine simply has difficult addressing the memory amount correctly.

Based on that I'd stick with the 64 Megabit version. Less impact on your wallet.

I'd also like to know how often you can flash these cards.
Majestic_Lizard
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be warned.

Those flash carts don't actually work with a lot of NEC consoles. You have to have a console that has a strong +5 volt line for the card slot, otherwise the games will corrupt during play.

Whether or not your console will work with a flash card is just luck of the draw. It doesn't matter what region or type of console. It can happen with Japanese or American consoles. However, it seems that CD-based consoles are more likely to have a problem.

I just found this out. The flash card does not work with my expensive Japanese Duo, but works fine with my cheap Turbo Grafx 16.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: