MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Lady Sword

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pinktagada
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:40 am    Post subject: Lady Sword Reply with quote

Hi.

Sorry for my english, I'm french.

I've done a french translation for lady sword (thx Esperknight for all your help, I didn't want to ask you this time, you've done so much for me with lot of patience...), and I'm actually testing my translation for fix the eventuals bugs and at last release the french patch. Ack, it's not for now.

I've founded in 3rd floor of Faunus Tower a big problem (1h30/2h from the start) :

What does this message mean ?

Before post here, I tried to find where was the problem. My french translation (most probable) ? The Esper/Filler one ? The original Japanese ROM ? And I tried to load the save state before the crash with the 3 ROM (jap, US and FR). Always the crash. So the bug can be on the save state or the ROM.
I tried to play my fr ROM on psp Hugo. Same crash, same place.
I tried to play from the start on ME the US ROM, same crash, same place.
I tried to load the jap rom + save state, I have at this moment french font, it's on the save state. I saved the journey on the menu, reload te game, and load from my continue. Font jap, save state cleared. And... Same crash, same place.

Before make the last test, play the game all in japanese from the start (I absolutely don't speak/read jap but actually I well know the game for going to the bug point -_- ), is somebody can explain me what is this error message, please ?

I'm not sure to thank like the captured women do with the swordman who can help me to find where is the problem and fix it, but I'm actually feeling like this one on the 3rd floor...

Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard pinktagada Smile

Always nice to have new blood around here that actually aren't a bot or is asking quastions about their "legit" warez copy... Rolling Eyes

Seriously though, are you able to test this on real hardware? Because since your issue happens with a few different emulators it's highly improbable that they all have the same flaws. Or maybe they all have it AND figuring this out will help PC Engine emulators get clost to that famed 100% acuracy...

If you canot then im sure some of us will be glad to try your work so far on a console... am I right guys? I know I would. Im talking about just the patch here for legal issues as we are not fond of 'media distribution' (yes yes I know... that damn grey zone surounding emulation!). Still lets do this by the book shall we?

Thats it for my part. David is the one to ask about your error code methinks...
pinktagada
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, sorry for my (really late) reply. Here's my IPS patch. I'm working with Lady Sword (J) [a1].pce and i have any real PCE.

Today, i compared the first english esperknight translated rom and my last french rom. I saw some differences who are not pointer tables or script modifications, and i made him an email.

I have to do a last test, play with mednafen.

Last edited by pinktagada on Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
pinktagada
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, i've tested the Esper patch. Only the US patch, without any french inside. And it crashes. I don't know if it is my jap rom or the esper's patch who is the problem, but i've asked tonight at esper his last patched vesion (the original one) and his clean jap rom.

Wait and see...

Edit : I can share my jap rom for testing, if someone want to. Just ask.
pinktagada
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'VE FOUNDED o/

My JAP rom was corrupted.

i've patched with your RHDN patch the last US rom (who works well), and it works.
i've compared the US patched rom with my jap patched rom (patched both with the same patch).

differences are betwen the rom working well and broken one are :
- header
- adress 0x57801 to 0x579ff

I don't know what is this code for, but it's impossible to play the game with the japanese rom i've downloaded.

MD5 hash of the corrupted rom : BD71C22057BD4029641B7E8D850FAD06

I think it will be a good info for future bug report Wink

Le screen du bug passé et le code en question (c'est la rom sans le PATCH qui est corrompue).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: