MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

New dub project for real I need help with adpcm extraction
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Translation Projects
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BurntLasagna
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
besides is not my first PCE related project so is not BS you can check some of my work and posts on several sites included the beta testing of my recently released YS Anthology demo game for the PSP it would be just stupid I announce my dub using my well known username just to BS'ing don't you think?

I tried out your YS Anthology demo and found out it was just a gutted version of Hudson’s official PCE collection on the PSP, Which explains why all the menus are in Japanese.

Tectonically you didn't make it per say, you just replaced the menu art/music with a more Ys related theme and then put in Ys III (why only YsIII?) which can be done easily.

You also removed Hudson’s logo with your name. Which is kind of a kick to the face considering that Hudson did a majority of the work and that it's their property to begin with.
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New user, 100% of his posts in the same topic, lack of English skills... I'd like to see an IP address David...
NightWolve
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, OK, judging by BurntLasagna's post and google, this guy is who he says he is I guess... I stand corrected then, Mr. elconejotres. My apologies.

I really had a hard time believing this guy could do anything technical, but still, I'd be surprised if he can come up with an audio/text match-up file. If any of this is true, the dubbing team just worked top to bottom off the Ys IV Speech text file and the plan was to worry about the actual matching up way afterwards - that'd be the only way to do it: get the dubbing done now and deal with the match-up/insertion later, but without knowing for sure if you can match-up/insert, you wouldn't take the risk, though... These guys did?? His whole, "it's almost completed" and going from, "I'm using NW's adpcm tools" to "What makes you think I'm using, let alone need, your tools?" just didn't help.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
elconejotres
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by elconejotres on Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
BurntLasagna
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, sorry Confused
The reason I said it was easy was because I remember reading about how to modify that PCE collection around the time it came out. From what I read it sounded pretty simple. Though I don't own that collection so I was never able to try it out for myself, so I guess I’m not the one talk.

Also, was it YsIV that you supposedly completed the dubbing for or was it YsIII?
NightWolve
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a correction to make I later noticed. It's the YAME emulator that supports recording of whatever audio is playing either in raw or wave format. I would imagine if a PSG tune is playing, you would simply select to record in raw format for the duration of the tune (the process begins when you enter a file name for it), then you'd essentially have the byte stream of that audio to look up in the data track track to, I guess, overwrite it with something else because you essentially want to change some PSG tunes??? Assuming this is what you wanted to do, this "secret," I dunno, but whatever. At any rate, this is the only idea that I can think of for that purpose.

Also, he didn't mention it last time, but BurntLasagna is taking charge of an Ys IV dubbing project and given the fact that he was responsible for a successful DraculaX dubbing project, I'd say it's in good hands!!! If you'd like to join/help, here's where to go:

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=7458.45

ERR: Though upon checking up on the thread while typing this, I see that he put the project on hold because of Mr. elconejotres here... Oh dear, not a good sign...

Last edited by NightWolve on Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:23 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
BurntLasagna
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightWolve wrote:

ERR: Though upon checking up on the thread while typing this, I see that he put the project on hold because of Mr. elconejotres here... Oh dear, not a good sign...
No need to worry.
I'm in the process of trying to get things going again.
In the mean time you can check out the...test/sample I posted on pcenginefx. It's real evendeance that English voices can coexist with YsIV.
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=7458.60
BurntLasagna
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auditions have started for the Ys IV fandub...
http://voiceactingalliance.com/board/showthread.php?78229-Ys-IV-The-Dawn-of-Ys-English-Dub-Project-on-the-TurboGrafx-CD-
(Though this is week old news.)
Validus

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love you all!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Translation Projects All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: