MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

GEtting this to work is beyond me

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiyo
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: GEtting this to work is beyond me Reply with quote

I've never met such a complicated process of getting a game to run.

I've got the .bin and.cue files. I've got this Daemon tools. I've TRIED mounting the cue and bin files to a virtual drive, which is an audio CD drive. Whenever I do this my DVD player pops up nd runs some audio from the game.

I've changed the CD files paths in the config drives. I don't know, I give up. Please enlighten me to how this maze of a program works.
Rockman
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: GEtting this to work is beyond me Reply with quote

Kiyo wrote:
I've got the .bin and.cue files. I've got this Daemon tools. I've TRIED mounting the cue and bin files to a virtual drive, which is an audio CD drive. Whenever I do this my DVD player pops up nd runs some audio from the game.

This is ordinary behavior of windows for when you insert an audio CD. Windows sees PC-FX games as audio CDs. Close your DVD player or whatever (many times windows media player pops up) and run ME-FX

Kiyo wrote:
Please enlighten me to how this maze of a program works.

ME-FX was designed to use a real CD with a real CD drive. You are trying to trick it into using a CD image using another emulator (Daemon tools).

You are making things more complicated by using Daemon tools and disc images. Try running your original disc on a real CD or DVD drive. If that doesn't work post your system specs and log file.
RegalSin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disable Media player, it happens all the time. I pop in a disc, and Media player or some other nonsense keeps asking, what to do with this item.
Disable, every action, like it was meant to be.

The only action that should be enable is auto-play for those CD CD types.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: