MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Music Dump!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark Lord
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 12:43 am    Post subject: Music Dump! Reply with quote

I think it would be great if you could add an option to start a music dump to a destination, such as desktop, or the Magin Engine folder! This would make it much easier to listen to the music, no? Smile
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

It's an excellent idea... that has already been discussed before Wink

I don't know if David will implement this feature in the forthcoming 1.0 version, but I think the main problem is still about the dumping format required for it. Should it be an already existing format like HES or VGM? Should it be an all new logging/ripping format which would then require the use of its own player/plugin? Should it simply be a WAV output like a handful of people have asked for? (I don't like that one but, well, it'd be better than nothing.)

Let's David say what he thinks about it Smile
Dark Lord
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just log it as HES, and supply the plugin/player. I have HES plugin for Winamp, and it's not a big deal to put it in, it's just one extracted .dll file that you put in your plugin folder. It's smaller this way, I think anyways, but you could default it as .hes, but let the people change the output type as well.
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if it will be in v1.0, but that's something I want to do. Smile

I don't know about the format yet, may be a new format, the PC-Engine has a sort of standard music format, it's used by CD games and most HuCards use a almost identical format too, so I may use that. That won't be a WAV output though, I don't like this idea.
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmichel wrote:
I don't know about the format yet, may be a new format, the PC-Engine has a sort of standard music format, it's used by CD games and most HuCards use a almost identical format too, so I may use that.

Wow, exciting news! I'm really dying to see this implemented Surprised
RandwulfX
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a while since I've checked up on the forums. I was overjoyed to find this topic thread Very Happy
Looking at the discussion so far, I like the direction Magic Engine is taking.

It's kind of funny actualy, I was just wondering Question when a TG-16/PCE emulator would have a sound dump feature in it a couple of days ago.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: