MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

should my turbo duo play back-ups?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
XERO

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: should my turbo duo play back-ups? Reply with quote

i have some VERY rare game that i do not wish to let out of the case....should my system play these games if backed up?
duke4711
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had any problems playing backed-up games on my Duo when I was still using it. The Turbo Duo should play your back-ups as if they were originals. There isn't any kind of protection like there is on the Playstation.
AhsoYuko
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What programs do you use to make back-ups anyway? I have the PC-E series of Valis in my collection and I don't want to put it in and out all the time.

Another thing, which media player should I use to play the tunes on PC-E/TG-16 games?
XERO

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alcohol 120%
Majestic_Lizard
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Use alcohol 120 ONLY.
2) Use silver pressed discs, not the blue tinted ones, color tinted discs will kill your old Duo laser in short order.
3) Make sure you have a good copy of the game.
RegalSin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No matter what you use to write the discs, they will never ever be perfect
and you will see all kinds of glitches, that will hinder gameplay. Also over
time the game will become unplayable.

I usted to do that, but after years the discs are unplayable. Otherwise mail me the sealed game, and I will open it for you.

Oh yeah if your using Magical Engine, or another PC Engine emulator that
reads from CD, you can mount the image and it should appear in the drop down list of drives.
rabika
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any one know what the real resolution & color capability of the TG16 is?(like what effects it can do and its limitations)
there is so many conflicting reports on the counsel, like interlacing and resolutions.
RegalSin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could play back ups, but the problem is that over time, they wear down. I remember I brought a knock off, that was deemed being special, but it was just a lame back up, and had to return the item. I saw all kinds of artifacts.

The best material is usually gold, with a slow write. They have special machines for these sorta things.

Some games, read and write in special ways, as well. So no matter how you write them, they most likely can freeze, on the real machine, and will always show signs of freezing. Also keep in mind the PCE/Turbo laser is not a powerful laser, and some coated discs, will not be able to read, and any dirty, scared, even an brand new game might not work. Especially something that has been sealed for years.

About cleaning,

1. You need to get a special machine that cost over, $1200-$2400, dollars. This is the only true way to clean or restore discs, correctly. I do not trust the older models, as they take off more layer then needed.

2. The material, and chemical is what is most important, Lightly pulling outwards is the correct direction, not spinning like a circle. Also because the cleaning fluid is an acid, that takes off a small amount of the coating.

Cleaning is limited with CD's. I doubt a proper material and chemical, will take off, too much, but an high end professional has a limit of 4 ( mostly 4 )-16 cleanings. Also discs are fragile, and can break easily, under pressure.
You have to remember, in the middle of the disc is the layer, of thin material, where the data is being read from. Most professional discs are pressed, but I can't say for earlier discs.

DO NOT USE.

Those store cleaners that cost $30-$60 dollars are a joke. They leave that ugly swipe marks on discs, even after cleaned. They also might take off too much layer, which is just stupid.

you CAN NOT use cotton ( which I was doing with PSX discs, back then in 199X ), or Windex BS ( which is stupid ).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: