MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Non 4:3 resolutions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
theelf
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject: Non 4:3 resolutions Reply with quote

Hi!!

I have a PC connected to a CRT T via VGA>RGB cable

I was testing the demos of the emulators

In magic engine, i can use resolutions like 1280x224, and just let magicengine stretch to max

I want to do same for MAGIC-ENGINE FX, is possible? because if i sellect 512x224 for example, the emulator automatically switch to 640x489

The max resolution i can use is 384x224, but this leave me with two option, or bad scaling, or use bilinear

Is like unlike magicengine, that allow any resolution , MAGIC-ENGINE FX force 4:3 resolutions, for example 512x224 dont work, but 512x288 works OK

Any solution?

thanks
RegalSin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could only assume your talking about an oversized HD display and not an real TV. If the pixels matched up to the resolution their should be no problem. As my TV can run my computer but the display itself looks beautiful in the lowest resolutions.

If your Display is able to switch video modes, or even do "Pixel stretching". That would be the only logical solution.

VGA is also not the same as RGB plugs. I know they have unique channels ( lines etc ), but those are different.

Unless something is preventing you from displaying on the tv. What I do I use a seperate TV box to run my computer to TV nowadays. These things have been around for years.

With the method you are describing. I could imagine the computer is limited to the displays offered. Maybe if you can max out your displays. Otherwise pixel streching ( like the gba ) is the only other method I could think to get that on par view.
theelf
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

thanks for reply

No is a CRT TV, and because some ATI card canīt go lower than 6.3KHz, resolutions like 512x224 or 1280x224 are the correct option

I get by MP a new version of magicengineFX (thanks!!) without the resolution limit, and now it works like a charm

1280x224 full stretched, and still of course, 100% progressive Smile

Thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: