MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Minimum requirements .TXT file for version 1.0

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 1:43 am    Post subject: Minimum requirements .TXT file for version 1.0 Reply with quote

When I get my grubby little hands on it i'll start benchmarking v1.0. I got a few motherboards with a truckload of cpu's & a ton of video cards. I'll start with those old ISA cards ( I even got a 256k memory one Wink ) changing boards & cpu's as I go. Then i'll switch video cards & repeat the process. Sure, this will take a couple of weeks but it will be fun nonetheless ( I am a benchmark freak Crying or Very sad ).

Kaminari, do you still have that old P2 350? If so can I take it off your hands? name your price...
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: Minimum requirements .TXT file for version 1.0 Reply with quote

Jabberwok wrote:
Sure, this will take a couple of weeks but it will be fun nonetheless ( I am a benchmark freak Crying or Very sad ).

Hehe... It seems I have the fastest P3/620 + GF2 Ti combo in the whole world, according to 3DMark01SE Wink

Quote:
Kaminari, do you still have that old P2 350? If so can I take it off your hands? name your price...

Sadly no, I've sold it a couple of months ago... I think you could find a second hand one for about 25 euros, err... I mean, US dollars Surprised
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hehe... It seems I have the fastest P3/620 + GF2 Ti combo in the whole world, according to 3DMark01SE
3000 3Dmarks on this puppy? kewl! I once got close to 1000 on my old K6-II 500@600 with an overclocked Voodoo3... Case open, Artic Silver 2 & quite a few fans Wink never posted it though Crying or Very sad .

Quote:
Sadly no, I've sold it a couple of months ago... I think you could find a second hand one for about 25 euros, err... I mean, US dollars
Crying or Very sad

Its ok. I know I can get one dirt cheap on ebay but im not prepared to work on a reputation in there just for a few items a year, at most... A better way is to know someone trustworthy who is already well known in there.
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jabberwok wrote:
Case open, Artic Silver 2 & quite a few fans

Mine isn't even cooled down and it's choke full of cat fur Shocked Mr. Green

Burn, baby, burn!
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering the Voodoo3's "power", close to 1000 ain't that bad. And the K6-II isn't really a powerhouse Sad .

Too bad im allergic to cats... im 'pro dawg' Razz

Burn baby burn Cool I remember my first Pentium system. Switching from a 386 to a "speedy" P120. I was told that heat could be a problem so I became fan crazy for a while.... only to wake up one morning realizing that I upgraded before any system could burn anyway...

Intel vs. AMD : Intel systems runs far cooler than their AMD counterparts. I only add (usually) a single fan inside the AMD Frankenstein boxes I build. Never inside the Intel ones, although i've been told that the new P4 3.06 does get hot. Humm... I got to build one for someone just to check. How do you tell someone to pay 1088$ for a CPU?
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well well, I just realized im #13 ( using 3DMark03 ) in the AthlonXP 2100+ / Geforce4 TI 4200 field... Now if I could just get myself to overclock everything.... humm Cool .

A beefy 1373 3DMarks Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: