MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Looking for ghost manor rom

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raistlin
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 6:01 am    Post subject: Looking for ghost manor rom Reply with quote

Anyone have this rom plz .. i tryed to get it from gamespy, but its not available Sad

Plz send me an email if u have it Smile

Raistlinthedeath@yahoo.ca
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please, no ROM/ISO begging here.

A quick search on Google should point you to the right direction.
Raistlin
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but i though it was a forum specialized in Emulator and roms.

I already look on many website to find this rom ... gamespy is prolly the best one and ghost manor cannot be downloaded ... its bugged or i dunno.

Now, where do you think someone can ask help about tgx roms if its not on a forum that talk about tgx emulator?

So if u dont want help.... dont help ... but mind your own business.

thx
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey dude. I do mind my own business. Where the heck do you think you are?

OK, it really seems you didn't quite get it. But just in case you were dropped here by accident, look again at the URL and tell me what you read. This is not a "forum specialized in emulators and tgx roms and what else". This is the official Magic Engine forum and as the title says, it's about Magic Engine. Its author, David Michel, is specialized about coding his own PC Engine emulator, not about helping distribute commercial ROMs. Believe it or not, there's a smart reason why we don't want emulators and ROM links to be mixed up on one single board.

Now drop this Gamespy shiznit, fire Google up and search for "Ghost Manor (U)". And don't say I didn't help you.
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhh, the warez generation...

LOL! a 10 second search just gave me the rom. Of course, knowing how to use a search engine is a definite plus...

Seeing unarticulated posts like this one from Raistlin kinda make me regret being Canadian...

Anyone want to adopt me? im prepared to travel of course. Anywhere except Canada, U.S.A. & everywhere there is war Wink .

"Eye les francais! ca vous tente-tu d'vous badrer d'un cousin quebecois? e'j parle le francais comme une vache espagnol parezzempe" Wink Wink

^_^
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On parle pas trop le joual vert en Métropole, mais c'est pas bien grave, y a des dialectes haut-francelfes encore pires par ici Mr. Green Wink
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, la langue de moliere...

En passant je nai pas l'habitude de parler comme ca. j'aime surtout faire des pitrerie Wink ... MAIS, quand je veux je peux....

Tu sais Kam, j'ai quand meme l'avantage sur toi : nous nous avons vos film francais ( j'ai adorer Le fabuleux d'estin d'amelie poulin en passant
Wink ) mais vous, avez vous des film quebecois ?
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm, tu marques un point...

OK, on n'a peut-être pas la chance de profiter de votre production audiovisuelle (quoique j'ai le lointain souvenir de quelques téléfilms), mais au moins on a vos chanteurs Mr. Green Wink

Ah, et puis j'allais oublier l'essentiel : le doublage québecois de Space 1999 ! Non seulement la série est excellente (grande époque britannique des années 60/70), mais le doublage est superbe. Tellement bon qu'on a crû pendant 25 ans qu'il avait été fait en France Razz
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouais, le doublage quebecois est tres bien Mr. Green . Le votre aussi, surtout dans le domaine de l'anime : Les dub americains ne font pas le poids. La preuve, prend Metropolis en DVD : le dub francais est excelent & le dub americain bat de l'aile... c'est meme pire pour Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon : a part l'original en mandarin ( excelent ), le dub americain est ridicule c'est presque insultant, mais le dub francais est tres correct. C'est different pour Princess Mononoke : meme si le dub francais est parfait, le dub americain est superieur... etrange non?

Quote:
mais au moins on a vos chanteurs
Ouais, dit a qui de droit que je veux voir Louise Attaque au quebec...

Space 1999, ca a ete une serie culte pour moi : fin 70 debut 80 ca a ete le paradis... ca pis Goldorak, pis Albator, pis Mazinger Z, pis Dr. Who, pis j'en passe... Wink

Eh oui, je suis si vieux que ca... Crying or Very sad Wink ...

Crying or Very sad
Specineff
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jabberwok wrote:
C'est different pour Princess Mononoke : meme si le dub francais est parfait, le dub americain est superieur... etrange non?

What are you talking about? Superior? The US Dubbing of Princess Mononoke SUCKS big time. Just listen to the part where Ashitaka is spying on Moro and San in the river. Billy Crude-up sounds like he's reading it as if he had lost a bet and was forced to do it. And don't get me started on Billy Bob Thornton as Jiko.. sheesh. And they butchered Moro by casting Gillian Anderson as her. The japanese voice actor (yes, it's a guy) gives the character much more life. Honestly, I would listen to the french track over the english one any day. Of course, if you consider the english dub better than the french one, well, I respect your opinion. Is it really worse? It sounded pretty decent to me, though I don't speak french.

Meh, just ranting. Peace out.

Specineff.
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno. Maybe it's those little things. You know, kinda like Akira : I prefer the old Streamline Pictures dub over the Pioneer one, even if the Pioneer one is based more closely on the original Japanese script.

You remember the part in Akira when a nobody makes off with #26 in the traffic right? Well in the Streamline dub when the military kills him they all scream like mad while in the Pioneer dub they are all silent as if they're gona die if they let a single whisper out... in this part the silence is really annoying...

It's hard to explain really...
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like most American dubs of Japanese anime & games, I didn't really enjoy Mononoke's one. The two notable exceptions to this rule are Exile and MGS, which are terrific. I would even add Snatcher SegaCD, but for a wholly different reason Wink

Mononoke's French dub was IMO much better overall, but even this one can't compare with the original Japanese cast.

We're a long way from Ghost Manor, don't you think? Mr. Green
Specineff
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. Now that you mention the Dub on Exile, I can't help but wonder how a company like Working Designs which doesn't release many games per year can come up with such brilliant voice acting on the ones they release. (Lunar SSSC!)And Miramax, being part of Disney, can't even match the quality of WD's work, and come up with substandard acting on a masterpiece like Mononoke.

Don't forget, of course, WD's budget is infinitely smaller than Miramax's. Rolling Eyes

Ranting again.

What was that about Luigi's Mansion infested with ghosts? Razz

Spec.

PS. My ears still bleed from the english-only release of Armitage III PolyMatrix. Evil or Very Mad
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, that's odd. Now that you mention it, I quite enjoyed PolyMatrix Smile

The dub was not really inspired, sure, but not overly played either - like it's too often the case. And you have to actually remember that PolyMatrix was a 'movie' cut of the original Japanese OVA (much like Macross Plus). This director's cut was specifically produced for the American market and incorporated a substantial amount of new scenes never seen before. As such, there was no Japanese voice over for these new scenes and thus the movie was exclusively dubbed in English (and released in Japan that way).
Specineff
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True. Kiefer Sutherland did a decent job. Elizabeth Berkeley.. well.. not that good.

Again, it surprises me how Working Designs can achieve great voice acting on a budget that's many times smaller than those of Miramax, Pioneer and such. (Ruby's voice in Lunar SSSC could have been a grating, cheerleader-like voice; and Hiro's that one of a surfer dude, but thank goodness it wasn't like that.)

Another game with great voice acting that I forgot to mention was Grandia 2 on DC. They used the same studio from MGS. Cool

I also heard the Y's book 1 and 2 have surprisingly good voice acting. Is it true?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: