MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Dracula X: Please somebody hook me up

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gametoad
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 2:12 pm    Post subject: Dracula X: Please somebody hook me up Reply with quote

Does know where I can get a Dracula X: Rhondo of Blood CD???
I know that it's an incredibly rare and expensive PC Engine SCD, but I'm a hardcore Castlevania fan and this game is easily on of the best games in the entire series. Very Happy
I already have the ISO image. And I've "typed" my way through the entire game from beginning to end using the Hugo emulator. I typed my way through it because it lacks joystick support on my computer which sucks. What it's also lacking is the really cool red-book audio. The game's too quiet which is a shame for any Castlevania title. Sad
Let's face it Dracula X: Rhondo of Blood is an incredible game and ever since I got the most excellent Magic Engine emulator and seen how it supports Turbo Graphx CDs, I've been craving some serious Dracula X using this emulator even though I've played the "crippled" version countless times on Hugo (No music or joystick support). Confused
Now I've noticed that a lot of you guys are always taking about your "copy" of the game, whether it be the actual original disc, a copy, or one of those "home-made" discs. Who wants to hook me up??? Laughing
Believe me, piracy is very uncool and I don't support it. And I'd gladly pay $200 for an actual original copy of this game on Ebay. Are you kidding me? An actual copy of Dracula X with the box art and game manual. That'd be quite a prize for any game collector. But I see this as way too much trouble, besides I can't find this game anywhere on the net anyway. Mad
I'll settle for a simple CD-R copy of the game. I don't care if it's a copy of the actual original disc, a copy of a copy of the original, or a copy of a copy of one of the "home-made" discs with the wav. files, cue sheets, mp3 etc. etc. etc. Sorry, but I'm just a hard-core gamer not a computer whiz. I can't possibly be expected to download all the music tracks and game code stuff and whip my own home-brewed copy. Too freak'in complicated! Shocked
All I need is a copy of the game that will work perfectly on my Magic Engine emulator. Will somebody do me a favor and burn me a copy of this game an send it to me??? If anyone is interested please hook up with me and we'll work something out. If you can do me this really big favor I'll gladly pay you $100 for you effort for getting me what is easily the best (And let's face it there aren't too many great PC Engine SCD's to begin with) SCD for the PC Engine. Wink

Signed,

One really hardcore Castlevania fan.
John Constantine
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this sound like a request or does this sound like a request?
Cos if he gets his bleeding game this way, I want a bloody stolen Ferrari now.
One thing i can't understand: you state you've played the game countless times but you don't own it at all. So, was it all an illusion or did you make a bet with mates to see if ya could make an ass of yourself on boards?
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the Magic Engine 'emulator' board. Only emulator related questions please...

Have a nice day.
Gametoad
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa, wait just a minute here mate. Don't be so quick to criticize me. Smile

Listen dude let me try to explain a few things here...
First of all, I have to be a little considerate towards people like our friend, John, here, and realize that he's kind of slow and might not be as mentally swift as most of the rest of the world's population. I'll try explaining this a second time, so even our dim-witted buddy, John, here might get a chance to finally grasp what I'm saying. Shocked
You say you don't understand how I could have played Dracula X countless times without even owning the game. Well, this is done through the beauty of something called computer emu-lat-tion. I downloaded the ISO image (Whether or not it was legal is another story) of the game and played it countless times on another emulator that rhymes with "Yugo." I played through the whole game as our hero Richter, rescued all his ho's, Maria, Tera, Isis (or Iris?) and Annette, and destroyed the young, hip teen-age Dracula sporting an earring (Why is he portrayed as an old, grandfather figure in the immediate sequel Symphony of the Night?) I played it countless times in that respect. A "crippled" version lacking music and joystick support (I hate keyboard controls). The real shame is the lack of music. Konami has some exception video game composers and the Castlevania series has definitely been a shining example of this. Just listen to the amazing tunes that they were able to pump out of the older Castlevania games using the 8-bit Nintendo's primitive sound chip. It's a crime to have to play a crippled version of Dracula X. That's why I simply asked if one of you dudes could hook me up with a copy of actual disc to play it on the Magic Engine, a superior emulator in all respects. So I could enjoy the game in all it's aural glory. Oh yeah, and joystick support would be sweet too. Very Happy

Secondly, I can't believe how much of a moron and hypocrite our friend John here is. "If this guy gets this game that way, I want a bloody stolen Ferrari, implying that I'm a thief and that everyone else is pure including thou. You idiot! I'm sure 99% of the people who use the Magic Engine or any emulator for that matter is stealing games. It's the natural of the whole emulation scene. Of course, we all hide behind the idea that we're entitled to legally download only the games we actually physically own, and for back-up purposes only, of course. Who are we kidding??? If we all owned Turbo Duos and all the cool games like Bonk and Legendary Axe, why would we even bother with emulators like the Magic Engine. Hardly anybody owns every Turbo Graphx games ever made, especially the hard to get Japanese imports, but we have them all hidden away on our computer hard drive to play a our leisure. I for one do actually own a Turbo Grapx, but was only able to get crappy games at the time like Legendary Axe II and that stupid volleyball game. Actually, I do own many of the games I downloaded for many of my emulators, but I'll be the first to admit, I don't own all of them...hardly. And I'm sure you don't physically own all of your roms Johnny Boy! Who's a thief now. Evil or Very Mad

The existence of M.A.M.E. and Neo Geo emulators are perfect examples of this. Who here actually has an Pac-Man, Double Dragon or Outrun arcade machine sitting in there bedroom? Who here could also afford to pay $200 to $300 for a Fatal Fury cart? Not many I'm sure. But roms for these games and thousands of others are all floating around the internet for every one to download as archival back-ups as if every schmuck has an arcade and a Neo Geo set-up in there house. Mad

As for wanting a "copy" of Dracula X, I'd gladly pay Konami for an original disc. But I'm sure they wouldn't start pressing out a bunch discs of an outdated game for little old me. Am I entitled to a CD-R copy of this game if I can manage to get one? You bet!!! Why, because it all falls under a matter of simple principle. The reason why Konami is such a successful game company today is because hardcore Konami fans like myself have supported that company every step of the way over the years, by spending our hard earned cash on all there games. I got them all, the Castlevanias, the Contras, the Gradius', Rush N' Attack, Goonies, Stinger, Jackal, Track and Field, Vandal Hearts, Blades of Steel, Crypt Killers, Lethal Enforcers, Silent Scope, even those darn Ninja Turtle games. From Frogger to Metal Gear: Sons of Liberty, I bought almost every one of them an helped the company become very rich.
Now I can't help it if they made a huge mistake and neglected to release one of their games in the Castlevania catalog over here in the States. And sorry, the weak port of Dracula X for the Super Nintendo doesn't cut it (and I do actually own that game). But if I can get my hands on a even a measly copy of that one game, is it all that wrong??? No after all the money I've blown towards Konami's way over the years I think this hardcore Konami/Castlevania fan deserves break. Laughing

All I wanted to know is where I could turn to, to get hooked up with a copy of a most excellent game. I'm totally new to this whole forum scene, and I didn't realize that rom requests (or in this case, actually CD requests) were so uncool. In that case, does any one know of any websites I could go to, to get headed in the right direction to find this particular game. And don't say Ebay, everybody knows that one. Besides I only wish someone was actually auctioning that game off. I'd probably pay the $200 for it. Castlevania's my favorite game series of all. Very Happy

And as for our friend, the Canuck. This is a general forum for discussing PC Engine and PC-FX games and systems. I have every right to discuss a particular PC Engine game in this forum and not necessarily the Magic Engine emulator itself. Get it right, you Hoser. Razz
John Constantine
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hold off yer horses there, mate.
My goal wasn't to get you to write an inane essay about the rights and wrongs of piracy or whatever. I don't care about your views about the subject. You just confused the whole issue when there was no issue to begin with.
I was simply pointing out it was a request as in "could someone hook me up with the iso, yada yada". This is a message board about emulation, not downloads. There are a gazillion places on the web you could ask i reckon, but here's not one. Period.
My ferrari analogy was just there to point out how utterly irrelevant your request was. I'm not judging you or whatever since
i don't care about you. That being said, a ferrari would still be nice...
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"canuck", hehehe. Another new kid on the block. Tell me, do any of us care if
anyone here actually own anything? Do you actually know anyone here? Will you
ever see anyone here in real life? What makes you think typing a 1543513 word text
will change they way we feel about you & say " awwww, the poor kid, he loves this
game so much. Ill send him a copy". Welcome to the real world.

Did you REALLY believe we didn't know roms/iso images are illegal? Do you
THINK we don't know some of us are illegally playing games? We ALL know what
emulation is bub.

Has is EVER crossed you mind that maybe, just maybe some of us actually own
originals? Some of us are collectors?

Do you think that us collectors actually care about a 'nickname' bursting in, yelling at
everybody like a child " I WANT MY GAME MAMA!!!!"?

You want it, get it yourself kid. like we all did. There never were actual games
trading in here in the open & it's not today that such a practice will start, ill see to
that.

Now, I don't know, & don't care if you know how to use a search engine, but what
if you started to use one?

Do you think us collectors who paid REAL dollars for the game will send a copy of
the game to a poor sob who's too lazy to search for it? Your new to the scene aren't
you kid, as I can find one real easy...

As proof of your single-mindedness, Im a regular poster here. I come here almost
every day. Do you think that after all this time I actually look at what section im in?

Using cheap tactics to try to make someone look dumb? Do you actually think
anyone reading your posts may say : " HAHA! Jabberwok didn't check what section
he's posting!!!! LOL!!!!".

Next thing im expecting from you is telling me I made typos. Typical...

TIP : Grow up.

Note to David : I think we need Moderators Wink ...
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Gametoad,

Cut the crap, dude... The smart boy you are should have labeled this topic "Please somebody flame me up"! With such a request, you shouldn't be surprised to get what you deserved. Your emotional plea about Konami fandom and abandonware's legitimacy, as well as your rant over our two drunk lumberjacks (which I shall warmly hug here) are boring to death. No one is interested in hearing that again and again... Old warez are a matter of personal ethics which are not to be discussed on this public forum.

I just love this part: "I have every right to discuss a particular PC Engine game in this forum and not necessarily the Magic Engine emulator itself. Get it right, you Hoser." Second post and you already challenge our pathetic IQ? You've got some nerves, Mr Tortoise... Discussing a particular game is one thing; begging for an illegal copy of a game is another! You'd better keep your bucks and buy yourself a brain with them: the Magic Engine forum is about running Magic Engine, not about looking for ISOs. Do you get it right? You play by the rule and you stay on this forum, or you don't agree with the rule (it's your plain right) and you're outta here.

*Yaaaawn*

Now I'll grab my beer and keep an eye on the score. FILO! Mr. Green
Squaresoft74
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jabberwok wrote:
"Note to David : I think we need Moderators Wink ...

Dans la boite à suggestion David , je pense que Jabberwok et Kaminari en feraient de très bon pour ce forum Smile
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squaresoft74 wrote:
Jabberwok wrote:
"Note to David : I think we need Moderators Wink ...

Dans la boite à suggestion David , je pense que Jabberwok et Kaminari en feraient de très bon pour ce forum Smile

Hehe, c'est vrai, meme peut etre trop bon, ils s'emportent facilement. Wink
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, c'est le metier qui rentre Wink ...
Specineff
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willing to pay up to 200 for an original copy, or 100 for a burned one?

Why not go to Ebay? Right now March 15 2003 there are 3 originals complete with all the inserts, from 130-180 dollars, shipping included.

It's a weird world, after all.
Mark
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Gametoad"]Whoa, wait just a minute here mate. Don't be so quick to criticize me. Smile

As for wanting a "copy" of Dracula X, I'd gladly pay Konami for an original disc. But I'm sure they wouldn't start pressing out a bunch discs of an outdated game for little old me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?viewItem&item=3536117664&category=4315
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: