MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Tearing in the middle of screen (Low Resolution) fixed yet?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
c0dehunter
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:59 am    Post subject: Tearing in the middle of screen (Low Resolution) fixed yet? Reply with quote

Hello all,
First of all, I wanted to thank everyone for such a great and informative forums, and the talented developers for such a wonderful emulator, and I wanted to let you know that is is my VERY FIRST post here! Razz Razz Razz

I am running an Win XP x64 OS on my PC, with dual screen, with one screen being a SONY RGB Monitor (Sony BVM-20F1U]) for authentic scanlines, and it works marvelously with all my emulators and real consoles connected to it.

My video card is an ATI Radeon HD 4350, and through Soft-15KHz utility, I am able to force it to display native 15Khz.

Here is the issue that I am facing:

When I am running the ME 1.1.3 in DirectX, at 320x256 resolution, and have ENABLED the triple buffer and V-SYNC mode, I still get a tearing line in the middle of screen[/u]

Is there a fix for this?

I have consulted the SEARCH function of these forums for 'tearing' issue, and the closest match that I have found is this thread:

http://forums.magicengine.com/en/viewtopic.php?t=1787&highlight=tearing

When the user named Chris say, (and I quote):

"this is not just performance issue any more, when used with Low Custom resolutions, V-Sync doesn't work any more....I heard this is custom resolution limitation ,as 256x240 / 320x240 is really 512x480 / 640x480 pixel doubled, as result, you get tearing in the middle of the screen, while 'flip' or double-buffering works for all custom resolution
this one I tested with other emulators that feature both V-sync/Double buffering..."

I have tried the Magic Engine version 1.0.0 PR 10.4 , and it does not have any tearing at all, the only issue is that it only outputs at 640x480 or Desktop resolution, which does not work for me.

Is there a fix for version 1.1.3 and tearing line in the middle of the screen?

Thanks in advance for your insights and help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: