MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

ANEARTH FANTASY STORIES - Works with Beta 3, not 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NightWolve
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 4:13 am    Post subject: ANEARTH FANTASY STORIES - Works with Beta 3, not 4 Reply with quote

Seiya Monogatari (AnEarth Fantasy Stories) works for the 1st time ever in an emulator with Beta 3 (PC)... But is now broken again with Beta 4.. A sad day indeed...

I know it's listed as a known - nonplayable game, but it was working fine with beta 3 so..

oh well Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, with beta 4, does it freeze when the game is supposed to load something from the CD? If yes, then I know what's wrong, this should be easy to fix. Smile
NightWolve
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Dave, it's doing it again..

(for beta 4) After the baby appears in front of the church, nothing happens after that..
The snow still falls & the music still plays, but nothing else happens..

With beta 3, the screen pan lefts & a crowd of people come & the games continues...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2002 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You didn't reply to my question ^^;;
Just before the screen pan left and people come, does the game access the CD-ROM (in beta 3)?
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2002 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm, if I remember well, I think there's a CD access indeed. Not sure if there's anything loaded, but at least there's an access to change the audio track. On the real thing, that is Wink
NightWolve
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's constantly playing the background redbook audio track, & hence accessing the CD.

Just before it pans left, it switches to another track as speech audio starts cause the people begin to talk.

But, um... it's pretty much constantly accessing the CD...

I looked at beta 4, & noticed the switch to the next audio track never happens. It just keeps repeating the current track after the girl that drops the baby dissapears...

Also, note that it only works with the real System Card 3.0 on both 3 & 4... With beta 4 stalling after what i mentioned above.

I can upload the game to ya, for "testing" purposes of course, if you'd like... It's 390 meg compressed in bin/cue format, so it should take about ~2 days to d/l with a modem.... Very Happy

But... it's your code differences between 3 & 4... so i would think it's possible to figure out the problem by isolating the changes that you made.
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's only one big thing I changed from 3 to 4, and it's related to CD loading, so yes it's easy to figure whats wrong. Smile

I don't need the game, but if you could just play to it (with beta 3 or 4) and e-mail me a fresh log.txt that would be great. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: