MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

down side of fx emu
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wizardry
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 1:48 pm    Post subject: down side of fx emu Reply with quote

Well we all wont be enjoying this emu sinse all games are
in japanese and of course hard to find games for this emu
and what im wondering will it be backword compatablity
Arrow What do all of you think............. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by wizardry on Wed Jan 29, 2003 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total
lex
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 4:42 pm    Post subject: downside of what Reply with quote

You shouldn't say that the Fx emu has downisde, cause you haven't tested it yet, right !

The downside belongs to the FX by itself, it's japanese, ok, so what ???

Maybe it will help to bring some translation effort so everybody can play some of the valuable games of the Fx.

Then you are absolutely right, FX games are really hard to find, but you should go to www.pcenginefx.com you'll see that some guys are putting some efforts to release isos, or you still have ebay if you want to buy some games that's where I get mine.

I think once we get a release of the FX emu then you will see iso site poping around the net !!!

You are already judging something that hasn't been released yet, be more constructive man Very Happy . It's already cool that some guys are working on the emu, so appreciate their work, learn japanese, do something, what ever...
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: downside of what Reply with quote

lex wrote:
I think once we get a release of the FX emu then you will see iso site poping around the net

That's pretty much a given. I usually don't care about copies (especially those for the FX which is not my prefered machine by far Wink ). But since the FX library is extremely small and thus has been for quite some time the target of a wild speculation endeavour, it won't take too long before all the isos are available on the wired.

That won't of course prevent people from seeking the right thing either. The PC-FX has a rather neat mini-tower design compared to the other systems of the time. Don't forget that this console was planned as a contender of the Saturn and PSX Laughing

David: a new section solely dedicated to the PC-FX and its emulator would a very good idea Smile
wizardry
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 1:09 am    Post subject: Re: downside of what Reply with quote

lex wrote:
You shouldn't say that the Fx emu has downisde, cause you
You are already judging something that hasn't been released yet, be more constructive man Very Happy . It's already cool that some guys are working on the emu, so appreciate their work, learn japanese, do something, what ever...

Your right !
being constructive is what im trying to be! Razz
And i do appreciate their work and many other emulator programers
out their i was just trying to capture other thoughts
on this thats all Very Happy well back to the subject of the pc-fx is that the Japanese
gamers will have to dig there way through there attic for a couple
of hours while the rest of us search on ebay and pay a arm and a leg
for ours. Arrow Any thoughts. Laughing
lex
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Wizardry I didn't mean to be hard on you, my mistake. Very Happy

Well yeah definitely the problem will not be to get the emu but the games.
I have less than 10 of them. As there weren't many games released for the system it should be easy to build a whole collection of them on the net. Care to start a website ???

On another hand I bought Battle Heat on ebay for $9,99 and Team Innocent at www.akibaweb.com (french webstore) for €25 but these are quite easy to find anyway. But I did saw people pay way more than that for these titles on ebay.

But as you said we are not as gifted as Japanese, the definite way around is to build an iso community I know there is one ftp site where you can find loads of isos but I don't think this board is the right place to post any link.
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: downside of what Reply with quote

Kaminari wrote:

David: a new section solely dedicated to the PC-FX and its emulator would a very good idea Smile

True. Smile
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx David Surprised

I'm gonna bother you one more time... Would you mind renaming the PC Engine section to NEC consoles? In the same way, you could reformulate the tag line for the 'General' subsection like this:

"General discussions about the NEC games and systems"

My two eurocents...

Oh, btw... Do you have a name for your new emulator? Mmm, let me guess... MagicFX? Or why not Tetsujin, the codename for the FX-32 original project? Mr. Green
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have a name for the emulator, but I cant tell it yet, it's top secret. Wink
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, drooling! Cool
denzilla
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only downside to this new emulation project is that it will take dev time from the original MagicEngine. Look how long it has been since the last release. People will probably say "oh no it won't" But lets face it, the new project will be treated as a "new toy" and the older will get less attention. I think ideally, due to hardware similarities, both emulators should become one.
denzilla
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaminari,

When You said "That won't of course prevent people from seeking the right thing either." What are U saying? Please, I mean no disrespect, but Unless you're a big time collector, you're wasting money buying this stuff. Without lighting too many fires let me explain. Nec has been out of the console market along time now, the system has been dead and buried along time, I'm not going to pay some price hiking jerk on ebay 150-200 bucks for Dracula X. Do you think that guy mailed a royalty check to Konami after he collected? The game developer doesn't see a dime unless you buy them new. Now if Dracula X just came out on Xbox and people were pirating the disc, well thats wrong. In that situation, you really are hurting that company's sales. I'm not telling everyone to go copy every game thats not in production, but when its over 10 years old, its free game as far as I'm concerned. I only want to experience and enjoy the game. Oh boy, I bet someone going to rattle off that patents are good for 75 years from the start. I really hate the way this world works sometimes!
Paul Irvine
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmichel wrote:
Yes, I have a name for the emulator, but I cant tell it yet, it's top secret. Wink

LOL...

PC-FX Engine by any chance Very Happy
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://magicenginefx.com/ Shhh
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

denzilla wrote:
The only downside to this new emulation project is that it will take dev time from the original MagicEngine. Look how long it has been since the last release. People will probably say "oh no it won't" But lets face it, the new project will be treated as a "new toy" and the older will get less attention. I think ideally, due to hardware similarities, both emulators should become one.

MagicEngine won't get less attention, that's still our main project, it's true that the PC-FX emulator slowed down ME development but not that much, it's a completely new ME that we will release, everything has been changed/enhanced, that's the reason why it taking so long... you will understand better once it's released. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: