MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

What is the best controller to use?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chadbear
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 7:18 pm    Post subject: What is the best controller to use? Reply with quote

I'm probably going to buy the ME... what's the best controller to use with it on Windows?
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any controller will do, it just needs to be 100% compatible with DirectInput I guess...

Im using the Sidewinder USB from the big M & I am perfectly happy with it.
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using a Sidewinder too (not USB), everything works ok. And before that I had an old Gravis GamepadPro, it worked fine too, but I prefer the Sidewinder, fits better in hands, at least mine. Smile
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here. Sidewinders are great. Im at my second one already...
Specineff
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to keep on supporting the Gravis-es like a salesman, but they are terrific for emulators when you use their applet to map keystrokes, when Direct input is out of the picture. Just make sure it's not analog.

Spec.
Shade2074
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit I really Like the Gravis Gampad Pro a lot. It works pretty well with most emulators. I have the usb version, in windows XP you don't even need to install any drivers. (or at least I didn't have too.) I was able to get them for $9.99 each about a year or two ago, I imagine that you could still find them for about that price if you look around.
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally would recommend an original PSX gamepad though a SmartJoy USB adapter. When I really need to remap some keys (Tomb Raider is a good example), I use JoyToKey - an excellent Japanese utility.
jammaniaclord
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use gravis gamepad pro in xp pro usb,and it kicks ass.only gripe i ahe with gravis is they need to refine the directional pad,sometime when you push in one direction it wants to go in two,l;ike theold genesis controllers,accurate,but not to a t.still pretty damn good!!!!the best controller for accuracy was the ASCII PAD for the genesis,and i wish this company still made controllers,as they could make some killer pc ones!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: