MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

SMALL LITTLE GRIPE ABOUT SHAPE SHIFTER

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shooter Freak
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 6:31 am    Post subject: SMALL LITTLE GRIPE ABOUT SHAPE SHIFTER Reply with quote

I have only played one CD game on the Magic Engine and that is Shape Shifter. It runs fine but there is a slight pause every few seconds. It's nothing major but it would be slightly more fun without it. It's barely noticable but I am a perfectionest. Anyone know if this is an issue or could it be my cd drive. Some cd drives are infamous for making emulation sketchy like with WinAges and Sega CD. Oh by the way I tried using all six system bios even though I know it needs system 3. Thanks for any help recieved. And I have 800mhz 384meg ram, 64megGeForce2 so its not my specs yo.
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Pauses? I don't quite get it. I have a system which specs are similar to yours and I don't get any kind of pause - apart from the usual and occasional CD loadings, that is.
jammaniaclord
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with shooter freak-mine does the same thing,as well as gradius 2 gofer.these are the originals thoughi don't know how they act if they are ripped(if that makes sense).get ahold of me shooter freak-my aim name is jammaniaclord1,and my msn name is gutjuicemetal@hotmail.com.i love shooters as well,especially the pc engine ones.later! Very Happy
Shooter Freak
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the skip I get is very short, like 3/10 of a second but I can feel it in the control and it does happen quite frequently and may even be on a set pattern. Does Gate of Thunder do this with you? And does it only do it on the games you mentioned in the post. I'm about to start looking for some CD shooters that I played as a kid and would hate for all the games to skip on me like ShapeShifter. I'm fairly convinced it's our CD drives. I'm using 24x10x40x CDRW drive made by some company called "LG". Obviously a cheapo cd burner but all my Full Motion Video games on Sega CD work fine without any stuttering on GENS and FMV games are really sensitive to CD skips. WTF? ALSO HAVE YOU HAD ANY SKIPPING PLAYING LORDS OF THUNDER since I'll get the Sega CD version if it does. Thanks bro.
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When MagicEngine plays an audio track it regularly checks if audio is still playing, it does that 2 times per second, usualy that makes no troubles but with certain CD-ROM drives that makes MagicEngine halt a little bit every time, which makes games skip a little. This can't be avoided with the current version, but v1.0 won't have this problem. Smile
Shooter Freak
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks clearing that up D. I eagerly await the next Magic Engine (and the ability to play It Came From The Desert right!?).
jammaniaclord
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my lords of thunder works great in magic engine,but it is a back up.all my backups play fine in magic engine,but when i play my originals they do what you have described.i don't understand,but d.michael explained it pretty well,and he oughtta know,he made the emu.get ahold of me dude!talk to you later.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: