MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Tengai Makyo 2 Remake and TM 3 Namida news

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Armen V.M
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 12:38 pm    Post subject: Tengai Makyo 2 Remake and TM 3 Namida news Reply with quote

I know it's not related directly to the PC Engine or PC FX

but I think a lot of people will be interested and happy to read this news

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2003/1473.html

Nonetheless, I'm a bit worried about the transition from 2D to 3D for such a traditional RPG series. I still hope a lot of game elements will remain bitmap based. Anyway...
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I read that a couple days ago...

Well, Namida will be out... at last. Since the PC Engine and PC-FX versions were only in alpha state, it will be interesting to see what they'll come with. I just hope it won't turn into another 'Tengai 4' crap. Now I'm still afraid that the game won't have nothing to do with the planned original storyboard, since Shôji Masuda and Hiromasa Iwasaki (Manjimaru's writer and coder) left Hudson/Red in 1993 because of Hiroi Ohji's megalomania. The only remaining material to work on is the 'Dragon's Kiss' unfinished novel by Paul Chada.

As far as Manjimaru's remake is concerned, 'worried' is not strong enough to describe what I fear will happen. As a side note, it should be noted that Hudson has released nothing but shit since they were bought out by Konami in 2001. Far is the time when Hudson helped develop Snatcher on the PCE for... Konami Neutral
mukimuki

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://tengai.jp

nice

and from what i've seen of the remake it looks good, but the fights could well be a repeat of the saturn ver...

still never mind

as a side note- the 3 tengai games were actually meant and planned as one game when the pce cd was announced (it was said that the cd would hold infinite ammounts of memory :s). mad.

and tengai 1 had action battles until the boss of hudson told them he wanted a dq clone!
kabuki_ikenie
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i actually own the gamecube version of the remake and i must say its almos a PS1 game... but it's tengai!! i fell in love with it... there's a trailer on tengai.jp on namida section... actually i own ziria, manjimaru and fuun kabuki den plus manjimarus remake and soundtrack... and some cosplay costumes XDDDD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: